My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non active members wearing rings etc

Levelhead

Premium Member
Ok so what if you fell in hard times and had to demit from your lodge cause you couldnt afford the dues? Your not expelled or suspended.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

Derinique Kendrick

Gentlemen! Specificity of Language! (That, for those who do not know, is a reference to {IMHO} a rather good movie called "The Giver")

Regardless of your knowledge of obscure movie quotes, there is the issue of the casual VS the specific use of language. Words mean specific things, this is why we have dictionaries. Sure, in everyday life we toss words around in nonspecific ways and just expect everyone to understand. And generally that is good enough. (If I say "I love hot dogs" and "I love my wife" I just expect you to understand the difference) But when communicating subtle or nuanced concepts using the correct word, and understanding it's specific definition, can be vital to understanding.

What I get from John's insistence on specific definition and word use is that he sees several kinds of Masons out there. Perhaps he even thinks that it might be personally useful to some Masons to ask themselves which category they are in or want to be in. As far as Specificity of Language goes, I vote in favor.
Brother, is this movie also a book? When I read the comment, I looked up on the bookshelf at work because I remembered seeing a book called the Giver up there. Wanted to know if they are tied together somehow.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
What if he is expelled subsequent to trial?
I would just suggest that it is up to the Brother who is in good standing to show caution when dealing with others. Expelled and clandestine alike.

To answer the OP's question: You can wear your ring as a Master Mason in good conscience so long as you are current on your dues. This goes for members who have not been to their own lodge for years and still live locally as well as for others who had to relocate out of state but never affiliated with another Lodge.

To be honest, a Mason who first entertained my questions had not been to lodge for at least a decade. I still look upon him highly as a Mason compared to others who attend lodge regularly.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
At the risk of being controversial, why would I care? My involvement in Masonry does not extend to policing the the clothing and jewelry of others. I may like or dislike you, but I am clear that I do not have the right to tell you how to dress. Frankly I have more important things to worry about. My priority is making me a better man. Worrying about what you wear does not accelerate that process. <end rant>

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
At the risk of being controversial, why would I care? My involvement in Masonry does not extend to policing the the clothing and jewelry of others. I may like or dislike you, but I am clear that I do not have the right to tell you how to dress. Frankly I have more important things to worry about. My priority is making me a better man. Worrying about what you wear does not accelerate that process. <end rant>
Yes, we need Masonic bling police.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Keep waiting they will come you have to become a 365th degree Mason even the conspirators don't have the knowledge of this it's the circle within the circle within the circle of the elite.
I have read on these conspiracy websites that once you become a 33rd Degree in the Scottish Rite that you then learn that there are REALLY 365 degrees. I think that it was Alex Jones, lol. I love reading these things for their entertainment value. They crack me up.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
No citation, just a personal observation.
I am aware of no jurisdiction that limits the wearing of insignia to those in good standing. I would note that from a practical approach we are probably not seeing much of those who are not in good standing.

Akiles

Coach are you saying that a Mason is some one like you or Bro Cook and a freemason would be someone like me who had just began his journey?

Reading the stated in One of the links indicated for the brother Coach....and having in consideration that I do not an English mother tongue man:

"....The spotlights shown by authors upon members who were true to Society Principles and members who were untrue to these principles...."

Members who were true to Society Principles = freemasons

The others = masons

Greetings.

Saludos.