My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"non-linear order"...

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Although I am just a petitioner, I do pay attention, and I've come to gather that the York workings are in a "non-linear" order. I recently came across the following:

a long narrative is a cluster of smaller narratives which are imbedded and interlinked with each other. The swarming of the various narratives to the narrator’s mind as he starts, and the disentanglement of the various episodes as they come in the way of one another and crowd in his breast... can be likened to the flocking of thirsty camels to the drinking-trough.... At times, stories come in the way of one another and the narrator may find himself compelled to suspend an ongoing story in the middle to tell a different one.... This is because narratives are plentiful and interconnected.

(S. A. Sowayan. 1992. The Arabian Oral Historical Narrative: An Ethnographic and Linguistic Analysis. Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz.)

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
FYI, the Internet, no matter what search engine you use, do not reveal the secrets of Freemasonry, much less convey the experience of Masonic Travels. Don't waste your time figuring out the work as it will be incomplete. It's obvious you have a hunger, but in time, you will learn to keep those passions within due bounds.

skidsareforkids

What Blake said, do not cheapen your education in Masonry by getting hints of it on the internet. I have enjoyed being initiated and passed due to the fact it was a surprise. I see no reason not approach being raised in the same fashion.