My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I was just thinking because our alter has wheels on it so it can move around the floor because from what I heard that some of the other bodies don't have it directly in the middle of the floor like we do so ever now and then depending on what they are doing it might be more towards the east so we have to roll it back to the middle of the floor between the three outlets in the floor where we plug in our three lamp stands.
Same here. My mother lodge and 4 others meet at the Knights Templar Commandery.

Bloke

Premium Member
Do any of you guys have other masonic bodies that meet at your Lodge. I was just thinking because our alter has wheels on it so it can move around the floor because from what I heard that some of the other bodies don't have it directly in the middle of the floor like we do so ever now and then depending on what they are doing it might be more towards the east so we have to roll it back to the middle of the floor between the three outlets in the floor where we plug in our three lamp stands.
Yes, we have different orders that set the lodge room according to the Order using it. Craft Lodges here have the alter in the East in front of the Master - the centre pavement is clear in the Craft. The location of the alter s a big hint on where the lodge room might be when looking at photos of them....

SCStrong

Facing the West ( 2 doors - sw/nw - three tapers)
8125073.jpg

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
upload_2017-10-12_0-19-21.png upload_2017-10-12_0-21-7.png
The first diagram is for the Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia and the second for the Grand Lodge of Alabama. While I couldn't find the official diagram for the Grand Lodge of Maryland the tapers are arraigned east of the alter and I've seen them in both a right triangle and equilateral triangle.

Bloke

Premium Member
Looking from East to West in our Lodge room. Doors from left to right, Preparing room, to Ante-room, to Ante-room, Examining room.

back%20of%20lodge%20room_387_290_90.jpg

Most of the Lodges in PA that I have visited are like this, some only have one door to the ante-room.
The ecclesiastical windows are interesting - was it once a church or build as a Masonic Centre?

Keith C

The ecclesiastical windows are interesting - was it once a church or build as a Masonic Centre?

It was a church built at the turn of the 20th Century. The congregation built a new building in the early 1960's and one of the two lodges that merged to form the current lodge bought the building then.

Bloke

Premium Member
It was a church built at the turn of the 20th Century. The congregation built a new building in the early 1960's and one of the two lodges that merged to form the current lodge bought the building then.
Thanks... I suspected something like that, its common here as well, an old Church building makes a good lodge building.. we have several here like that, but I've also noticed often AASR buildings often have an ecclesiastic look...

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
its common here as well, an old Church building makes a good lodge building.
Hadn't thought of this before.
I've also noticed often AASR buildings often have an ecclesiastic look...
True although ours is built on the ancient Greek or Roman style....large stone building, large columns, etc.