My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open Revolt?

Bryan

It is very evident that the American people are done with politicians lying to them.. pushing them around.. and telling us what we must do.

I believe that both Democrats and Republicans have failed us miserably. It is also my belief that the common people, the business folks, the laborers of this country must retake control of our country.

It is also very clear to me that the politicians, even after being assaulted verbally all across the USA by citizens from every walk and every party would get the message.. that we are going the wrong direction, are not listening.

I'm afraid that if they, our elected politicians, don't start listening soon that we are going to have open revolt. This scares me the most because I fear the federal government will respond in a harsh way and we will lose even more freedoms.

Congress is so out of touch with reality its almost become irrelevant much as the United Nations has become.

I'm just wondering.. am I the only one thinking this?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Good example of our elected officials not giving a damn...

[video=youtube;1FTiGI9I1DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FTiGI9I1DI[/video]

Unfortunately I cannot see a revolt taking place...ever. With the patriot act and big brother tracking our every moves, any uprising would be squashed before it got off the ground. Republic of Texas anyone? lol Just my conspiratorial side coming out..lol

Last edited:

Bryan

I watched the various "town meetings" from around the country and it just seems like to me.. people from everywhere around the USA are unhappy with government right now. I know its for different reasons but I just believe that its proof positive that our elected officials have lost site of "we the people".

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
yea i doubt there'd ever be an open revolt (any time soon).

you never know, though. i'm sure the revolutionaries in 1776 thought the same thing...

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I watched the various "town meetings" from around the country and it just seems like to me.. people from everywhere around the USA are unhappy with government right now. I know its for different reasons but I just believe that its proof positive that our elected officials have lost site of "we the people".

Nothing is better than seeing a politician caught in a lie or being shouted down and unable to defend himself. I just hope those who are outraged take their frustrations to the polls.

Bryan

I know I intend to.. and I really believe there will be very few incumbents returning to office after midterm elections regardless of party.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
if you're like me, then it sounds like a good time to get into polytikken.

JBD

Premium Member
Read the book "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross AND
google the "Bonus Army" or just read this The Bonus Army

Then tell me it cannot happen, then tell me the US Military has never taken action on our own land against our own people and against our Veterans.

Be sure to look closely at the names of the military leaders

R

RJS

read the book "unintended consequences" by john ross and
google the "bonus army" or just read this the bonus army

then tell me it cannot happen, then tell me the us military has never taken action on our own land against our own people and against our veterans.

Be sure to look closely at the names of the military leaders

Wow! That is crazy! I never heard of that before.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I know I intend to.. and I really believe there will be very few incumbents returning to office after midterm elections regardless of party.

That would be a good revolt in my opinion. However, not all of the incumbents are for this. Ours isn't. I only say this because there are a few statesmen up there, that represent our interests and not the government.

I would like to see the population nationwide vote strictly based on this issue. We would get rid of most of the "big government" polititians. I think there will be a swing back to the GOP next fall.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
That would be a good revolt in my opinion. However, not all of the incumbents are for this. Ours isn't. I only say this because there are a few statesmen up there, that represent our interests and not the government.

I would like to see the population nationwide vote strictly based on this issue. We would get rid of most of the "big government" polititians. I think there will be a swing back to the GOP next fall.

I too hope that We the People will show up to the polls and vote based upon the fundamental issues facing our Country.

I'm a Conservative, not a democrat or a republican. When I use the term Conservative I do not intend for it to reflect upon the way this term is currently used but as the term should be used. Conservative has nothing to do with religious principles or ideologies, it has to do with the basic tenants of the constitution and holding our government to these principles. The GOP and the DP both have big spenders who probably have never read the Constitution. And if they have read the Constitution and Bill of Rights then I highly doubt they have read any of the writings of the people who established them. The mindset of our founders was unique and most wanted to establish a place of "freedoms".

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Can anyone say "Constitutional Ammendment: 2-year Term Limit for House & Senate Members"?

It is about time to shed some of the old-timers out! No more career politicians!

Sirius

in the meantime... Rand Paul 2010, baby!!!

:beer:

For Congress? that should be a nail biter. Which I don't get. He refuses to bring home the bacon to a district that is rural and coastal, and he gets re-elected handily. Heck, after a storm a couple of years ago, another Texas congressman had to get money for those Texas counties hurt most.

I don't get it.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
For Congress? that should be a nail biter. Which I don't get. He refuses to bring home the bacon to a district that is rural and coastal, and he gets re-elected handily. Heck, after a storm a couple of years ago, another Texas congressman had to get money for those Texas counties hurt most.

I don't get it.

I love Ron Paul and wish we had more like him in the House. I do not like him as a Presidential prospect. The reason I like him is because he refuses to bring home the pork. If the US has spare money(ie They quit wasting it on frivolous things). Then the money could be returned to We the People and We could take care of our own, the people who need it locally.

I am a Texan first and foremost! I'd prefer us to keep more money here in the state instead of sending it to wasteful programs which have proven the ineptness of bureaucracy.

EDIT: I quoted you to explain why I would vote for him. Not my Representative.

Last edited:

Sirius

I guess it's just the oddness of the individual and the district. Most conservatives voters want their congressman to talk the talk but bring home the bacon, this is proven every time they get the GOP nomination. Kay Granger and Joe Barton is a great examples of this.

So Obviously the voters of the 14th Congressional District of Texas like what he's doing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike him. He does make sense on a few things. I just don't see what his constituency gets so excited about.