My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening Day Parade Texas State Fair

Smilinrob

STATE FAIR OF TEXAS OPENING DAY PARADE!

All Texas Masons are invited, The day is Friday September 28th, 2012 at 10:00am

We will assemble behind the George Allen Sr. Courts Buiding and Step Off at Noon

Attire will be Dress Slacks and Knit/Polo Shirts

We WILL be wearing Plain Cloth Aprons.

***Dispensation Has been granted by M.W.G.M. James F. Brumit ***

We will be led by the American, Texas and Masonic Flags. Next will be our Marching Brigade. The front row will carry a banner to identify who we are. We will be followed by an F150 pulling a 16' trailer so that some of our brethren that are unable to walk may still participate.

More details from the state fair Special Events Coordinator should arrive by mid September. We will pass on all pertinent information once it is finalized.

Brethren this is an excellent opportunity to show our community the Many Faces of Masonry. I encourage you to dress as well as the temperature permits. To set an example on behalf of our Fraternity the Honor Guard will be wearing Suits and Ties.

Everyone will wear plain cloth aprons in their current degree i.e...E.A. or F.C.

A reason to push this event is recognition for what in my humble opinion is the Greatest Fraternity in the World. My primary goal is to spark interest within the men in the crowd to discover what Masonry is all about. Gentlemen this is our job to do as individuals. For the sake of our Fraternity this Our Heritage....... we must "Pass it on."

Fraternally,
Robert D. Thompson
Oak Cliff #705

Last edited by a moderator:

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I will post this to Solomon Lodges FB page. You should add it to the GLoTX calendar which may help you get the information out.

David Hill

I wish that I could march with y'all. What a great idea! I'll post this to my lodge's Facebook page.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I will post this to the FB Page of Valley Lodge #175 tonight after our Stated Meeting or sometime tomorrow. Any other pertinent information?