Past Masters

Discussion in 'Officers of the Lodge' started by Blake Bowden, Oct 7, 2016.

1. K R - PM

K R - PM Registered User

We have a very active Lodge and we accomplished many great things during my year in the East. This is due, in most part, to the fine Officers and Past Masters that had my back all year. I personally found it very helpful to unwind for the remainder of the calendar year (4-6 months), following our newly elected WM's Installation. However, as a Junior Past Master, it is vitally important, in most cases, to be on-call for your WM whenever he may need your advice, assistance, or any other input. As JPM, always be available to assist the WM, but do it quietly (behind the scenes). After your Year, you may consider other Appending Bodies that you felt you may not have had time for while in the Chairs. Or, make yourself available for DDGM at some point. There will be plenty to keep you busy as PM. A Lodge will always need instructors, degree team members, fundraiser participants, Committee members, fill-ins, etc., along the way.

Bloke and Warrior1256 like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Absolutely!

3. 3Banks Copperati

3Banks Copperati Registered User

I’m smiling at the wrong tie posts.
    As W/m of my lodge I recently wore my apron under my jacket and was pulled up by both the Tyler and a senior doyen of the Lodge. I was told it was incorrect unless I was Scottish rights. I informed them I was MND rights ( Lou Gehrig to our stateside brothers). Funny enough I was allowed to continue with my new style.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Warrior1256 likes this.
  4. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

This happens here more times than not. I have also seen this happen.

At least within my own jurisdiction aprons are worn over the coat or suit jacket. The exception would be a tuxedo coat & tails, due only to shortened length of the front.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Same here in Kentucky although I think it would look neater with the apron under the jacket.

6. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Same here, but if you are an Officer you are supposed to wear tails.

7. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

My first go round as WM, I was actually the Worshipful Steward because our stewards started night school and couldn't be at lodge. We all know how Masons get when they are hungry. Our lodge has a tradition that the immediate PM moves to the Marshall's office to assist the incoming Master so thats where I went. Then the following year I was coerced into moving to the SW office since our SW moved out of town. Then, this year, I planned to sit and watch and before I knew it I was elected to be WM again. Still not sure how that happened:cool: and I have yet to wear my PM apron:(

Bill Lins and Warrior1256 like this.
  8. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Lololol, that's pretty good. W. JS....

9. Warrior1256

Lol....I know the feeling. I am in the East presently for the first time and will leave the East in December. However, I will be installed as a District Deputy Grand Master next month. It will be awhile before I finally get to wear a PM apron.

Bill Lins and LK600 like this.
  10. Warrior1256

And let's not forget that becoming a Past Master gives you a life time right to boss around all non-PMs.......or at least many PMs believe this, lol.

Share My Freemasonry