My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Per Capita for Grand Lodge of Texas

How would you vote on the per capita recommendation?

• Yes

Votes: 40 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Wait I need more time, this is complicated

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Never ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • could care less, I will go to the restroom when this comes up at GL

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
I agree with the 6 day gripe fest if everyone got a chance to stand up and talk. If you got any good feedback on more things I should know about how to lead brothers to see that they do have a voice PM me. I don't want to derail this thread.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Only the members of the Grand Lodge and the representatives of Texas Lodges are entitled to vote at the Grand Annual Communication.

The "members of the Grand Lodge" are Texas Past Masters.

The "representatives" of the Lodges are those who are sent to Grand Lodge by their Lodges, under certain qualifications.

If the Worshipful Master of the Lodge is present, he casts the vote of the Lodge.

If the Senior Warden is present & the WM is not, the SW casts the vote.

If the JW is present & neither the WM or SW is present, the JW casts the vote.

If none of those officers are present but there is present a member of that Lodge who was elected to hold the Lodge's proxy, that Brother casts the Lodge's vote.

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
Thank-you brother Bill! That actually helps me out a lot. I'd hate to get hemmed up about it and not be able to explain why we do things the way we do.

Benton

Premium Member
Going to go ahead and close the thread. The issue has been extensively discussed, and the vote has already passed. If anyone wants to discuss the outcome, they can start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.