My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition to be a Shriner

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Thank you all Nobles and Brothers in advance for answering my foolish questions.

S ∴ & F ∴,

MBC

Last edited:

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I would first look at the custom of your temple. Talk to the Recorder or other members of the UK Shrine Club.

Rifleman1776

Brothers and Nobles,

I'm a newly raised Master Mason and found out Shriners fascinated me and I'm currently petitioning to join a Shrine Club of the Aahmes Temple.

I have some minor concerns on choosing my fez.

Can I ask our well-learned Nobles,

1. What's the difference between a basic fez and a double rhinestone fez and a triple one (I heard of it is reserved for Potentates or Past Potentates, please correct me if I'm wrong)?

2. Do I have to put my club's name in the bottom of the fez or I can choose to leave it out or not?

Thank you all Nobles and Brothers in advance for answering my foolish questions.

S ∴ & F ∴,

MBC
Welcome Brother. You will find Shrine membership enjoyable and rewarding. The fancier fez's cost more. It is a matter of personal choice and budget. However, a newly made "created" Noble is given a fez, usually an imitation gold embroidered one. They are nice, nothing wrong with them. It will (should) come with the name of your temple/center embroidered across the top. As far as I know, your club name does not belong on a fez. However, a unit you join like clowns, Legion of Honor, etc. can be put on the bottom. Other decorations are not (usually) permitted. However, it is not uncommon to see them. You will be instructed in fez etiquette during initiation. BTW, if you have a choice of going cold sands or hot sands for the ritual, choose hot. It will be an experience you will never regret or forget.

Reactions: MBC

dfreybur

Premium Member
If you wish to minimize expenses ask carefully and get the fez that fits with your unit as fancy as is justified at the time.

If you don't care about extra fezes it always works to have a plain one. You might not like being in a unit or not have the time or whatever and you have it as a fall back.

Maybe think of this like aprons. We all have white leather aprons. Some of us have other aprons as well. Nothing wrong with having more than one if you want to pay.

Reactions: MBC

Rifleman1776

If you wish to minimize expenses ask carefully and get the fez that fits with your unit as fancy as is justified at the time.

If you don't care about extra fezes it always works to have a plain one. You might not like being in a unit or not have the time or whatever and you have it as a fall back.

Maybe think of this like aprons. We all have white leather aprons. Some of us have other aprons as well. Nothing wrong with having more than one if you want to pay.

Another option that might be available is your local club, if you have one. My club accepts Fezes from widows of deceased members. Usually family has no use for a fez, they are big to display and dust catchers. We have dozens. Check it out.