My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHA Tattoos??

Jamarr/G\

Greetings squares! A close brother and I had an great conversation about brothers getting their li/G\ht tattooed on their bodies. Yes we are both M.M . But how do you all feel about brothers getting masonic tattoos??

Freemason Connect Mobile

bupton52

Premium Member
Greetings squares! A close brother and I had an great conversation about brothers getting their li/G\ht tattooed on their bodies. Yes we are both M.M . But how do you all feel about brothers getting masonic tattoos??

Freemason Connect Mobile
Their body, their money. No problems at all. I have one as well.

Jamarr/G\

Yeah I was just looking for opinions . I know some brothers see masonic tattoos in an offensive way.

Freemason Connect Mobile

BrotherChar

If they see such things in a offensive way they must be mindful of their brothers place in a noble institution and realize that all of our individual temples each have their own hallmarks and delights, and since it does no harm to the order, let them allow their brothers the cornerstones and columns of their own creation as long as it harms none and bears fruit for the Great Work

Freemason Connect Mobile

draekell

I have a question how do u brothers feel bout removing piercings & gages on initiates going through degree work

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
Yeah I was just looking for opinions . I know some brothers see masonic tattoos in an offensive way.

I think it's a generational thing. My Dad thinks tattoos are for criminals. I'm of a generation that doesn't disapprove of tattoos and have mostly gotten used to them but I don't have any myself. My grown kids have tattoos.

As to metal in piercings, I was pretty relieved to learn that Navy boot camp lasts just long enough for a hole in the tongue to heal over. And that boot camp tends to leave a person busy enough they can forget to get another one. So no tongue piercings in my grown kids, whew.

Scorpionlawz

Minerals and metals. Nothing off...nor def...& building of KS temple, no sound of axe....

That's why you remove jewelry.

Bro. Junior A. Knight
Chicopee Lodge
GL Massachusetts AF&AM

tldubb

Premium Member
Nothing metallic, I have also been under the belief that any type of masonic tattoo on the body is taboo. Take a look at the Charge for E.A. as far as tattoo's go.

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
I believe if you are referring to EA then it is not allowed but as far as a MM I have yet to see any secrets as a tattoo. That being said I have tattoos but no masonic YET. I probably will get one after I am raised at some point. I have seen this discussion on here before and I believe most of the Brothers feel ok by them.

Jamarr/G\

Interesting points guys! Keep 'em coming. And yes I am a MM and I do plan on getting a Masonic tattoo soon. I'm just wondering how other brothers view them.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Freemasonry mobile app

mjhv1990

I want to join the freemazons but i have a tatoo on my chest that is an upside down triangle with a closed eye inside and the text above it reads. "With your eyes closed, close your eyes" would that be mason offensive? Or would that be ok?

Freemason Connect Mobile

Jamarr/G\

Same here man I think you'll be fine.

.. I have two arm sleeves and a chest tat and I was still able to be entered passed and raised.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Freemasonry mobile app