Police masons

Discussion in 'Freemasons in the Military' started by Riaan Croucamp, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Riaan Croucamp

Riaan Croucamp Registered User

Awesome br. Nice to meet you

2. Signal_13

Signal_13 Registered User

Greetings brother. Been in LE since 2007. Nice to meet you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 and LK600 like this.
  3. Thanh Chau

Thanh Chau Registered User

LOL --- you had made my day ... LMAO

4. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Google NMMI and you’ll see what I mean!

GJB likes this.
  5. GJB

GJB Registered User

New Mexico Military Institute?

Sent from my SM-G955U using My Freemasonry mobile app

6. Thanh Chau

Thanh Chau Registered User

In that case, then you will see the same at my alta mater ... google VMI then you will see

7. Brother JC

Yep.

8. Brother JC

Long-standing rivalry! At least you weren’t Citadel.

9. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

10. GJB

GJB Registered User

Very nice. I spent about six months of my basic training in Artesia, NM. I spent many evenings (and weekends) eating and drinking in Roswell. Many good memories there. I always thought the NMMI had a beautiful campus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using My Freemasonry mobile app

11. Brother JC

All four years of high school.

12. Brother JC

Everyone in Artesia goes to the “big city” of Roswell on the weekend... considering the football rivalry that usually ended in some “altercations.”

13. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Brother, I grew up in Long Island, and had a 2 uncles and a grandfather on the job and retire from the city. I tested and was going through the process with my character investigator, when I got the call that Florida was hiring and the process was quicker. I worked with a bunch of guys in Florida retired from NYPD. Never any Suffolk guy's, usually found them at the marina with their yachts.

14. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

In California the have the "California Posse" degree team. All members are LEO's. They wear western shirts and ties, black jeans and cowboy boots, spurs are optional and hats for the photo. They travel and raise LEO's around the state.

Riaan Croucamp and goomba like this.
  15. Riaan Croucamp

Have any of the Brethren experienced any sort of discrimination because you were a Police officer and mason?

16. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

When I first joined the fraternity a large number of lodge members didn't like law enforcement. Granted after being active a few years I found they had good reason. There was a retired state trooper captain in the lodge who tried to be a despot. The silver lining I was able to change their mind. While serving as senior deacon I actually arrested the senior warden for DUI. The lodge and this brother particularly said they knew I had a job and were not upset. By the time his court case was over I was junior warden. As a cop he needed to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. As a Mason he needed brotherly love. See he was an alcoholic. However, after a major operation he had developed an addiction and that's when his drinking started. The former trooper tried getting him expelled from the lodge. I thought and still do think there were five points we could have tried before kicking him out.

Mods, if this is to detailed please feel free to edit.

LK600 and Ripcord22A like this.
  17. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

We have a good size group of LEOs in my Lodge. They are all retired now except one or two. I have never witnessed any discrimination or malice directed at them. I hope I never do either.

18. Riaan Croucamp

Indeed brother. The more brethren that serves in the police forces the better for our communities

19. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

I've never had, by anyone in any agency I've worked for. I understand that in the UK, as a Police Officer or a Judge you have to declare that you are a freemason.

20. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

That was done away with some time ago. There continues to be those who want that requirement reinstated. The European Court of Human Rights had made some rulings on Freemasonry that led England to realize that their reporting requirement would be overturned if a case was brought, so they dropped it. However, I wonder if Brexit will bring it back, as when/if England leaves the European Union, that court will no longer have any jurisdiction.

Share My Freemasonry