My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Regarding From Darkness to Light Print

at_collectibles

Dear Members,

I recently picked up an interesting print entitled 'From Darkness to Light' and was hoping you could help provide some insight in terms of its age and method of production. The copyright on the print is 1887 and the paper has some foxing (brown spots around the edges) as well as small tears and some wrinkles, however I believe this is a likely a vintage offset lithograph print as opposed to an antique - I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

I purchased the print framed, however removed it for a closer inspection - please see the photos attached. Thank you for any assistance.

Attachments

• back.JPG
    back.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 249
  • left_upper.JPG
    left_upper.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 242
  • left_corner.JPG
    left_corner.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 243
  • foxing.JPG
    foxing.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 279
  • removed_from_frame_main.JPG
    removed_from_frame_main.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 258

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
It’s a common print, one used to record degrees and orders. You can buy one online today. The copyright merely tells you how long it’s been in production, the edition you have could be anywhere from ten to a hundred years old.