re invoking your past rites from other life?

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by Laghu Sotka, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Laghu Sotka

Laghu Sotka Registered User

I'm not sure if I belong here with this. but I'm looking for answers and until I had run across a post on facebook that says "I took an oath it has no experation," on Myfreemason page. I didn't understand a stage of my life. until that post. how often does your past life mason rite get reinvoked? how would I go about learning more about this ritual I experienced. and my degree at which I was when I passed. and what can it mean for me?

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Glen Cook and Warrior1256 like this.
  3. Laghu Sotka

You would have to understand reincarnation a little, it's a reincarnation question? The statement from the forms page leads me to believe brotherhood exist through multiple lives. Once a mason always a mason. I actually went through Initiation with spirit to revoke my past life degree within the freemasons. He told me that I was a freemason, not a mason I am free to be with or without. but the urge to understand is strong. has anyone ever heard of this happening before and if I can read up on it.

4. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

> leads me to believe brotherhood exist through multiple lives.

In modern times Freemasonry is largely a collection of societies of men that like to do a bit of ritual and practice conventional morality. This structure does not have much impact on reincarnational situations.

There are however soul groups that do operate over long periods of time and occasionally such groups will come together within outer organizations for a decade or two before dispersing again.

>Once a mason always a mason

There is an objection among some fundamentalist groups to the taking of obligations or vows. Masonic vows are taken firstly to the Creator of the universe and secondly to the administrative bodies. You may think that the Creator is well used to humans that do not understand exactly what they are doing and accordingly is tolerant of misconceived obligations. And obligations to administrative bodies may be seen as "third line forcing" which is illegal in some countries and thereby of dubious moral import. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_line_forcing

I think you need have no concern about Masonic obligations.

> went through Initiation with spirit to revoke my past life degree

Have you heard of "lying spirits"? 1 Kings 22:22 "And the LORD said unto him, By what means? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets."

How do you know that your spirit is not a lying spirit? Did he tell you he was truthful?

tldubb likes this.
  5. Laghu Sotka

Do you know why we have lying spirits? I do. Do you know how to see through the lie of a spirit, with your heart. do you know of your personal relationship with GOD, I do... my relationship is here, the one I carry eternally with the Source. He taught me to see through the dark. I see with my heart. the relationship I have always carried with him exist with me like a flower in his garden.

Persuading me to follow my vows to be a better being. Teaching me some of the general ideas of a mason. The Proper etiquette, grammar. being punctual. I understand positive traits are a portion of what is a mason.
    Spirit and all it is guides me to learn. To understand who I am. The universal consciousness told me that I might want to look into freemasonry cause I have spent many lifetimes within to order.

Jamesthejust Thank you for your time and I really appreciate what you have to say. I am trying to study what it was I experienced and your wisdom is helpful. Would you know how to find information about these Soul groups?

6. JamestheJust

>Would you know how to find information about these Soul groups?

It is a matter of observation. In any group look at those with past life connections If there are quite a few, look to see if there is some coordinating function such as a group soul or overlighting entity.

It helps if you are a member of that group soul or are connected to the overlighting entity.

7. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

If I may, an oath to conceal the secrets of freemasonry is life long. If I demit or get suspended for non payment of dues, I am still obligated and cannot reveal the secrets. That is what is meant by not expiring.

Our oath or obligation does not state, "until i quit, fail to pay or get expelled." It is being upright and a man of your word that you will hold to what you said you would do regardless of the life choices you make after your career as a dues paying mason is over.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    tldubb and Warrior1256 like this.
  8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Absolutely! Well said!
    Yeah, really.

9. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

Wow, i can't believe I'm responding but there is a Masonic "hope of immortality".

Brother if you were a Mason in one of your past lives, then you're still all good with me in this incarnation.

Bloke, oldjumpmaster and MWS like this.
  10. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Never. Only your present life, should you chose to rejoin.
    Read good books on it first and then discuss it with men who have already extracted their heads out of the Freemasonic Cave and who have had time to get used to what is at first blinding Masonic Light.
    Yep
    Yep. Read more about it in "The Tenth Insight" by James Redfield.

11. JamestheJust

I agree, but the very large majority on this forum prove brotherhood by financial membership of particular types of lodges.

Now if only we were able to use "the working tools" in a "moral sense" we could prove a brother regardless of possession of substitute secrets.

12. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Ummmm.....no! Not for Freemasonic purposes. I have plenty of friends that i call brother that are not my fraternal brothers. The only ones that are Brothers are those that belong to this amazing fraternity!

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  13. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

And some that claim membership who, in truth, are not even close.
    When you actually do get to a masterful level, "if only's" like this statement actually becomes a reality, proof becomes self evident and self-disclosed statements reveal to everyone an overall lack of possession on many levels.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  14. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

I would not recognize you as a Freemason or Mason.

If what you say is true then I propose the following. Reincarnation is a chance. You are not destined or required to do the things of your past lives. You are held choices made in your past lives. Ergo if you were murder in the past and sentenced to life in prison based on the logic you used you should be incarcerated. But you may have lived other lives but you are not bound to the previous incarnations choices. So if you are interested in becoming a Freemason and continuing the search for light from a previous incarnation you must make that choice and petition a lodge.

Here are some typos someone pointed out, thankfully.
    You are held <to?> choices <that you?> made in your past lives...
    ...Ergo if you were <to commit?> murder in the past and <were?> sentenced to life in prison based on the logic you used you should be incarcerated <for past life crimes?>

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    coachn, Keith C and Warrior1256 like this.
  15. Warrior1256

This is the way that I see it.
    Uh....o.k., sounds good.

16. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if past lives are a real thing or not. I can tell you this, however: If you want to learn more about these degrees and lessons you believe you experienced during a past life (or lives?) then I would suggest that you petition a lodge that is subordinate to a legitimate Grand Lodge and go through the degrees.

It really doesn't have as much to do with finances as it does with recognition. Recognition keeps masonic practices regular. There are lots of irregular Grand Lodges (and lodges) out there and joining a recognized Grand Lodge means that you'll experience an initiatic experience that is, more or less, uniform with every other regular mason you'll meet.

Honestly, if a Grand Lodge or lodge was not doing something that's very unusual then there really isn't any reason why the members shouldn't have just joined a regular body to start with (or transferred their membership as soon as they realized what was up).

Warrior1256 likes this.
  17. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Unless you can find an up to date dues card from your previous life, and that guy happened to share your name, then you have no chance of still 'being a mason'. You can always petition. Just FYI, a lot of petitions ask if you have ever used, manufactured or sold illegal drugs...answer honestly. Reincarnation is one thing and is fine and great, (who knows, it could be true) but to think that any sort of fraternal memberships carry over is a little far fetched.

18. Warrior1256

Yep!

19. Warrior1256

Lol!
    All true!

CLewey44 likes this.
  20. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

Lol

CLewey44 likes this.