My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading material for a potential future Chaplain

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
I was newly installed as SS this year, but my sponsor is currently holding two offices - Musician and Chaplain. He actually prefers to do only Musician, and I've expressed interest in standing up for Chaplain next year to share his burden with him. I think I would enjoy it and be good at the role. That is more important to me than the most efficient or direct path to the east.

I was an acolyte (altar boy, but we had girls too) with my Episcopal church as a youngster and am ordained minister (which is no great accomplishment today) - but I am not the most traditionally religious man. In fact it would be difficult to call me strictly a Christian, and easy to call me a deist. I attend a Unitarian Universalist church.

I do however believe in spirituality and in what the role can bring to the harmony, peace, and understanding of a lodge.

Anyhow - if any of you folks know of reading material or things to study which might help me be up to the task I'd surely appreciate the tips. The sacred texts themselves it goes without saying. I also have Morals and Dogma, but texts specifically geared towards being a chaplain, or things that helped others who shared a similar path I'd appreciate.

S&F,
Michael

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I will look and see what I have saved on my computer. If I find anything pertinent I will shoot you a PM to get your e-mail to send it too.