Ready but nervous

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by kastonw, Dec 1, 2014.

1. kastonw

kastonw Premium Member

I have 3 offices I've been asked to serve in this coming year they being Junior Deacon, Junior Warden and Royal Arch Captain and installation starting tomorrow night I don't know why but all of a sudden I'm nervous and I don't know why I'm not going to lie I'm very honored that my fellow Brethren think I'm worth enough to serve in these positions and I've filled in for them many times I guess it doesn't help that I've never served in any office in any masonic body before not even blue lodge . Has anyone else ever been nervous taking up a office for the first time ??

bezobrazan likes this.
  2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

When i first sat in the SD chair(my first and only office so far) i was a nervous wreck. I spent 3weeks studying with the incoming WM

kastonw likes this.
  3. kastonw

kastonw Premium Member

I've been studying with our soon to be PM and I've got it down pat but my nerves are getting the best of me

4. bezobrazan

bezobrazan Registered User

They asked me to be Chaplain next year & I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Don't worry Brother, you'll be fine & do a great job. The mere fact that you're willing to accept the challenge speaks volumes about your character & determination. And it's those TWO things that will carry you through.
    Fraternally - from a fellow nervous brother,
    Robert

kastonw likes this.
  5. kastonw

kastonw Premium Member

Good luck to you in the coming year as well Brother

bezobrazan likes this.
  6. Bro. Staton

Bro. Staton Registered User

You will do well.....

7. kastonw

kastonw Premium Member

Thanks Brothers . I've had one installation already for Junior Warden it went great now for Royal Arch Captain tonight and Junior Deacon next Thursday

Share My Freemasonry