My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Adair

LRG

Premium Member
Texas Legend Red Adair's Auction Benefits Shriners Hospitals for Children®

September 09, 2010

sunny_adair.ashx
Auction bidders can soon own antique firefighting helmets, family memorabilia, or even a script to John Wayne’s “Hellfighters,†the movie based on Texas Legend Red Adair who created an internationally known corporation to tame blazing oil rigs. Sunny Adair, Red Adair’s granddaughter, plans a public auction of these items and more, to be held at Red Acres Ranch near Bellville, Texas, Oct. 2 beginning at 10 a.m.
After visiting Shriners Hospitals for Children® in Galveston recently, Sunny Adair decided to donate a portion of the proceeds of the auction to the pediatric burn hospital in her grandfather’s memory.
“I cannot stop thinking about the sweet children at the hospital…The fire I saw in the children’s hearts and eyes is the most magnificent thing I have ever seen,†said Sunny. “I know for a fact that is one thing that will never be able to be extinguished by anyone. Not even my grandpa could fight a fire like the ones that those children have inside of them to heal, learn, live and grow into someone that will always own a piece of my heart!â€
She added, “I look forward to a life-long relationship with Shriners, the staff and the children. They have become a part of my family and me.â€
“We are touched and deeply appreciative of Sunny Adair’s sincere offer to donate to our hospital in memory of her grandfather and family,†said Interim Hospital Administrator Mary Jaco.
The 377 acres for sale includes a 5,600-square-foot main house, three guest homes, three barns, a pool, tennis courts, a helipad and a 9,600-square-foot party barn. Red and his wife Kemmie owned the ranch in 1990 and lived there until his death in 2004 and she remained until she passed away this past April.
For interviews, contact Sunny Adair at (713) 516-8868; for information on the real property, please contact Frank Monk at J. Frank Monk Real Estate, (979) 865-3558 or www.monkrealestate.com. For information on the cattle, equipment, personal property, memorabilia or about the auction process, please contact Mark Switzer at (979) 865-5468 or www.switzerauction.net.