My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refreshment Lounge

Bro. Craftsman777

So Tuesday night, I went by the lodge to meet all the members in the refreshment lounge. When I got there I was told by the outer guard that they were doing an FC degree at the moment and that I can wait downstairs for it to be completed. When I went downstairs, about 20 minutes later all the members came down, members of the lodge AND about 6 or 7 Shriners in red coats. They were brought in for a special reason, to put on the ceremony for the member about to be Passed. Anyways I just want to say, I don't think I've EVER met a greater bunch of men in my life!!! These guys were amazing, VERY welcoming and EXTREMELY hilarious men, especially the Shriners. I can see why Christopher Hodapp phrased the Shrine as the "playground of freemasonry". All the members of the lodge and the Shriners visiting, made myself and my cousin (who petitioned with me) feel right at home. I can't wait til the next gathering next month!