Religious Views

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by LeoValMer05, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Pointwithinacircle3

Pointwithinacircle3 Registered User

That show was on TV for seven years and Buffy kicked the vampires and demons butts very time.

coachn likes this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Come on guys.....I'm trying to drink some tea here. You're going to make me ruin my lap top, lol.

LK600 and dfreybur like this.
  3. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Abraham thought it reasonable to barbecue his son on the instruction of his god. Perhaps humans are not the apex species.

4. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

I always figured the fire was less relevant than the knife, though I seriously doubt he thought either was reasonable; only that he was commanded by his God. :)

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. JamestheJust

Exodus 34

All that openeth the womb is Mine; and of all thy cattle thou shalt sanctify the males, the firstlings of ox and sheep. 20And the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break its neck. All the first-born of thy sons thou shalt redeem.

Thus by the time of Exodus, while the first born son did belong to their god, it was possible to redeem the sons by paying money to the priests. There is no option of breaking the neck in this case.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  6. JamestheJust

It is curious that the god wanted the ox and sheep sanctified (sacrificed) but was not interested in eating the ass. Still, to maintain the rule, the first born male ass must be killed so that humans could not benefit.

7. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Not at all curious. It's not about humans benefiting or gods sanctifying anything. It's about those that humans serve, the "priests" in power, wanting to eat new born ox and sheep; not ass.

Warrior1256 and LK600 like this.
  8. Pointwithinacircle3

Pointwithinacircle3 Registered User

The ability of the human ego to believe that it can correctly interpret and the understand the intentions and concepts behind stories that have been whispered from mouth to ear for hundreds of generations truly boggles my mind.

coachn likes this.
  9. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

just want you to know how difficult it is for me NOT to take this into a most likely funny, yet potentially ban worthy direction. :p

coachn and Warrior1256 like this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Lol!

Share My Freemasonry