My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right Worshipful

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Close but not quite- some appointed GL officers are titled "Worshipful"- check your Monitor in the section regarding reception of GL officers.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I assume this applies to DDGM's? When I speak in the presence of our DDGM, I usually say "Worshipful Master, Right Worshipful Sir(s), Wardens and Brethren".

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Not sure I understand what you're asking, but DDGM's do hold the honorific of "Right Worshipful" during their term of office.

J

jwardl

Should not the senior officer (the GL rep) be addressed BEFORE the WM?

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Only if the DDGM is in charge of the Lodge at that time. Otherwise, the WM is in charge & should properly be addressed first.

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
Only if the DDGM is in charge of the Lodge at that time. Otherwise, the WM is in charge & should properly be addressed first.

That's correct.... Even if the Grand Master is in the Lodge at the time.... It always starts out with Worshipful Master...... Then the Grand Lodge officer's and so on.......

TexMass

In MA, a GM is called Most Worshipful Grand Master (name). A PGM is called Most Worshipful Brother (name). It used to be only the sitting GM was called MW and PGM were RW but they changed that a few years ago. I like it. It's like once a President always a President.