My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal River DeMolay doing degree work and installation of officers tomorrow

MaineMason

It's been half a year since we petitioned for a DeMolay chapter at our lodge and many of us went up for Dad Advisor training and our chapter is growing: tomorrow afternoon we're doing the second degree and installing officers. For those of us who worked hard on this, it means a great deal to us. The kids have worked very hard for this between convincing the Lodge to host and partly fund a new DeMolay group and many of us Masons took time to do the training last Summer. I'm so proud of the boys. You should be too.

MaineMason

Thanks, the kids did well. The degree (for those who don't know, the second degree for the DeMolay is much like what one might find in Scottish Rite) was well done and the floorwork and installation (including those of us who are advisors) was also first rate.

Paul E. Wunsche

Our Chapter (Lionheart) is just a little over year and the young men are initiating new members every two - three months. They have gotten to a point where they can do all the work themselves.

MaineMason

So with ours, thanks for your moral support. I was not a DeMolay (though my father and uncle were) but I'm really enjoying being an advisor since I don't have kids of my own but have many Masons in my family.
Our Chapter (Lionheart) is just a little over year and the young men are initiating new members every two - three months. They have gotten to a point where they can do all the work themselves.
That's where we're going too. Four boys were initiated and got into line and others were also installed, it was a good day and as I said to our outgoing Blue Lodge Master who did the benediction "we made a good decision". "Ayuh, dahned straight we made the right decision" he told me, then said "we could learn cunnin' ritual from those kids". He's quite correct. ("cunnin" is Maine dialect for "well done" or "cute" but in this case means well done.)