My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Rite Children's Theatre

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The Scottish Rite of Austin own and operates the "Scottish Rite Childrens Theatre". The historic facility was built in 1869 and still uses the hand painted scenic drops from 1882! They offer quality children's productions such as The Frog Prince, As you Like It, The Biscuit Brothers and The LIttle Mermaid. Prices range from $10 for child and $12 for adults.

Scottish Rite Childrens Theatre located in Austin, Texas

Bro Mike

It is a beautiful facility and I highly recommend attending if you hear that one of the resident lodges is holding a "full dress" degree in the theater. The costumes, hand painted backdrops and scenery and excellent degree teams make these very meaningful observances.

C_Cabra

I attended a Master Mason Educational program tonight at the Scottish Rite building. It was my first time in there. Very Beautiful.

I must also say that Hill City Lodge did a very great job with their educational presentation. It really made me want to return to their Lodge for more meetings. Seeing that kind of dialog in a tiled lodge was great. It is what I invisioned when I joined Freemasonry. It was a welcome departure from minutes, reports, and debate over where to buy the next new vaccum. Not to diminish that stuff. I know it is necessary but there should be more to Lodge meeting than business and the rote memorization of the catechism and I think Hill City hit the nail on the head tonight!

Kudos!