Seeking Guidance

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Alfred Taylor, Apr 14, 2017.

1. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Brother Tsylor I was in holding Lodge #300, Oklahoma Jurisdiction, I went thru the same process a coupla years ago. I found a new Lodge in Sacramento, as I wasn't familiar on what to do, but the transition to a new Lodge and Jurisdiction was very simple, make sure u are in good standing with your current Lodge which is the holding Lodge, then you have to be aggressively active on trying to find a new LOdge to call home....I say this on my own experience..You will never forget being an Oklahoma Mason but that's why they call you a Traveling Man. Remember this one thing Brother you pay your dues to a holding lodge you are active, you got a dues card from the MWPHGLOK. and it's got a raised seal on it it's all good.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. acjohnson53

There are a few Prince Hall Lodges in the Dallas Fort Worth area, go to MWPHGLTX, that's a start...

Alfred Taylor likes this.
  3. Alfred Taylor

Alfred Taylor Registered User

Thank you. I was able to get put in touch with a PM out here in Texas that was able to point me in the right direction. Made a couple phone calls and everything has been put in motion. Sounds like all I need to do on my part is to keep aggressively trying to find a new home lodge and I will be good to go.

tldubb, goomba, Ripcord22A and 3 others like this.
  4. acjohnson53

Keep grinding Brother, we everywhere regardless of our affiliation....SMIB/G\

5. acjohnson53

hope u don't mind me asking was your father in the military???

6. Alfred Taylor

Yes he was the navy.

7. Alfred Taylor

I am from CA. Vacaville to be specific

8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Here in Kentucky is not a requirement unless you are going through the chairs. Once you become Junior Warden you have six months from the initiation date to do your proficiency or get removed from the chair.

9. acjohnson53

We might have to hook up when you come back to California young Master Mason... Welcome to the forum....

10. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

In OR it is required, in NM it is not. Our lodge changed our bylaws last yr and made it a requirement for any of the 3 pillar offices. IOT be eligable for election you must have your MM profeciency

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  11. Alfred Taylor

So
    Sounds like a plan.

Thank you

12. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

Good luck in your journey.

As for the proficiencies, those are what legally verifies you as a mason along with your dues card. Those exchanges are a test in Lodge when being examined. If you visit a lodge where no one can vouch for you, you will be asked certain thing and you must do them a certain way as you've done them before.

I visited a lodge and had to recite the tyler's oath, arrange two tools in three different positions and go through the grips and words.

Ripcord22A and Warrior1256 like this.
  13. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great explanation.

14. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

You could ask in the Bridge Builder group as well. There are several PHA brothers in there from the Dallas area that could point you in the right direction.

15. Alfred Taylor

I just had to go through the grips and words and it was all good after that.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Keith C and Brother_Steve like this.
  16. acjohnson53

That's all good, but always never leave your Jursdiction and join a new jurisdiction with out making good on your dues. When submitting your demit a good secretary will always follow up on your demit. in other a Brother never leaves his past unattended...

17. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Is it even possible to join a new jurisdiction if you are not in good standing?

Ripcord22A likes this.
  18. David Duke

David Duke Premium Member

Not if done right.

David Duke
    Secretary
    Sam B Crawford #1418
    New Caney, TX

Ripcord22A and MRichard like this.
  19. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

We don't expect anyone to memorize the tyler's oath. We use it on a "repeat after me" basis after we've already satisfied ourselves by other examination.

Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.
  20. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

Interesting. For us it is part of our MM memory work.

Bill Lins and Warrior1256 like this.

Share My Freemasonry