My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious problem

Gavin2020

I have serious problem, part of the problem is I can not ask anyone at my home Lodge .I believe a major violation has happened. I am a Master Mason. I would like to talk to a past Master, if possible, my email
Irishviking2020@protonmail.com
I just need some advice, I will explain more too the right person. Thanks again

Keith C

Ideally you should first address it to your Grievance Committee and your WM first. If you have no trust in either of them, perhaps that lodge is not for you and you should discuss the issue with your DDGM

Gavin2020

I think part of the problem is I am not sure if all lodges use these methods. I don't want to seem like I am giving the craft a bad name, by my lack of knowledge of other lodges. So I won't say in this public forum.
Thank you for your response.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
In Alabama they don't have DDGM. The closet thing is the district lecturer but they don't have any "authority". In Maryland we don't have DDGM but we have Grand Inspectors they observe and report to the grand master. While they generally don't have much authority you'd be an idiot to get in a pissing contest with them.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Perhaps the District Co-ordinator .... but its slightly different; a DDGM has more power. A District Co-Ord really represents the Grand Sec rather than a GM.
In Alabama they don't have DDGM. The closet thing is the district lecturer but they don't have any "authority". In Maryland we don't have DDGM but we have Grand Inspectors they observe and report to the grand master. While they generally don't have much authority you'd be an idiot to get in a pissing contest with them.
No DDGM in UT
As they say, differences from lodge to lodge and state to state. Interesting.

Gavin2020

I m thinking I just had the wrong impression on what's important and should have found the guidelines.

Last edited:

Gavin2020

No it's a just a state, but I thought the same thing, considering the 350 I payed about 6 months before for the degree work. I did not want question that, though. I thought, when I heard it, that it would have been just 1 year dues.