My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seven Liberal Arts & Sciences

Winter

Premium Member
Some interesting finds on Amazon this week. Two books that compile reprints of classical work on those subjects from the winding staircase we were instructed to devote our time to.

Trivium: The Classical Liberal Arts of Grammar, Logic, & Rhetoric (Wooden Books) Hardcover – Illustrated, October 11, 2016
"The trivium refers to the three liberal arts considered in classical Greece to be the pillars of critical thought: grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Following on the success of Quadrivium and Sciencia, Trivium gathers six Wooden Books titles together into a beautiful six-color package that presents ancient wisdom in an accessible way. Trivium will include the books Euphonics, Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric, Poetic Meter and Form, and Ethics."
https://www.amazon.com/Trivium-Clas...1640380730&sprefix=trivium+book,aps,82&sr=8-1

Quadrivium: The Four Classical Liberal Arts of Number, Geometry, Music, & Cosmology (Wooden Books) Hardcover – November 1, 2010
"Quadrivium is the first volume to bring together these four subjects in many hundreds of years. Composed of six successful titles in the Wooden Books series-Sacred Geometry, Sacred Number, Harmonograph, The Elements of Music, Platonic & Archimedean Solids, and A Little Book of Coincidence-it makes ancient wisdom and its astonishing interconnectedness accessible to us today."
https://www.amazon.com/Quadrivium-C...239d6&pd_rd_wg=xAUrH&pd_rd_i=0802778135&psc=1

And if you like those, there is another one.

Sciencia: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Astronomy for All (Wooden Books) Hardcover – Illustrated, November 1, 2011
"Sciencia gathers together Useful Mathematical and Physical Formulae, Q.E.D, Essential Elements, Evolution, The Human Body, and The Compact Cosmos, six elegant and insightful short volumes spanning the realms of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, evolution, and astronomy, offering invaluable information to today's readers. Lavishly illustrated with engravings, woodcuts, and original drawings and diagrams, Sciencia will inspire readers of all ages to take an interest in the interconnected knowledge of the modern sciences."

The Wooden Book Series has several titles I'd like to add to my collection.

MarkR

Premium Member
I've got the Trivium and Quadrivium books in my personal library. They were interesting reads.