Shooting Sports

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Special Interests' started by Warrior1256, Sep 20, 2014.

1. HumbleTXMason

HumbleTXMason Premium Member

another shooting sports enthusiast here...

2. dalinkou

dalinkou Premium Member

Good. I am considering an M1A in the next few weeks. I'm figuring that it is impossible to have too many guns. Plus my 1944 Springfield M1 Garand needs company. :)

Bill Lins and HumbleTXMason like this.
  3. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

I love the shooting sports. In fact, Oct. 17th our lodge will be having a fundraiser at the Dallas Pistol Club. This will be a competition type of shoot with trophies being presented to the 1st 3 places. I will post more info as we get a little closer to the date and in a separate thread so I don't hijack this thread.

4. HumbleTXMason

HumbleTXMason Premium Member

@dalinkou

I love my H&R M1 Garand... nothing like shooting old school with these rifles... they're fun!

5. BigDre357

BigDre357 Registered User

This is my baby [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H901 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

MarkR, Bill Lins and Blake Bowden like this.
  6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

VERY nice!!!!!

BigDre357 likes this.
  7. BigDre357

Thanks Brother it has been a fun little project putting my touches on this gun

Sent from my LG-H901 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. RobGLSA

RobGLSA Registered User

Another avid shooter and hunter from South Africa, although I dont hunt often enough anymore but do a lot of clay target shooting with my much loved Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 Sporting.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  9. Carl_in_NH

Carl_in_NH Site Benefactor

Trap was my game during my youth - as was waterfowl hunting. I hate to admit how many decades ago that was. Limited free time caused trap to fall by the wayside, although there's hope to pick that up in the future again. I truly enjoyed it.

Now the only bird hunting I do is to take our English Setters through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Bill Lins and dfreybur like this.
  10. Warrior1256

I don't hunt, target shooting is my game. Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against hunting. I tried it for a season in my younger days and it just didn't click with me. But to those that enjoy it, more power to them.

11. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

I eventually lost interest in sports to the point I'm not sure which ones happen to be in season. I figure shooting at them to drive them away (Get off my lawn!) is way over the top. ;^)

Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Warrior1256

I still enjoy going to the range with some of my handguns / shotguns / rifles to punch some paper.

13. Travelingman45

Travelingman45 Registered User

Brothers. It's good to see the art of the rifled blue steel is alive and well. Hailing from Queensboro 892

Sent from my SM-N900T using My Freemasonry mobile app

14. Travelingman45

Hailing from Queensboro 892. 2nd supporter here from the people's Republic of NYC

Warrior1256 likes this.
  15. Travelingman45

Warrior1256 likes this.
  16. Travelingman45

Very nice plug,where did you get that??

BigDre357 likes this.
  17. Warrior1256

18. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

My dad was a WW2 veteran, he didn't want anything to do with guns, hunting or killing after the war. I didn't pickup any firearm until I was at Parris Island, an M16-A1. I fell in love with the challenge of shooting well. Later in the Corps I became a primary marksmanship instructor. I'm a police officer and a certified police firearms instructor. My passion is coaching trap, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays.

My son is a member of theTeam USA developmental squad in international trap. His squad just came back from Arkansas, they took Gold in international Skeet, Silver in International Trap. High overall in both. Cool thing is there were team USA members shooting for their respective college's and he kick their butt.

marango 3.jpg

Bloke and Blake Bowden like this.
  19. BigDre357

Amazon, they are aluminum they run about 20.00 and come from a week know company called NDZ PERFORMANCE. You can get them on their website as well

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

20. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I was an avid hunter in my younger years, brought up with it from my Father. He loved hunting but quite frankly he would get so excited he rarely hit anything! Hard to believe this was a guy who climbed out of a Higgins Boat and stormed Omaha Beach.

Anyway, My grandparents had 100+ acres of wooded land in the Catskill Mountains of NY where we hunted. After my Dad's and Grandparent's passing my interest in hunting faded. I was for quite some time an avid reenactor, doing American revolutionary War, U.S. Civil War and WWII. I still have a Charleville Cavalry Carbine (repro), a pair of "Tower" pistols (repro) a Springfield Rifle (repro) a Sharpes Carbine (repro) a couple Remington Army revolvers (one repro, one original) and a M-1 carbine. I still will dust them off and shoot some targets with them now and then.

Recently I was exposed to trap shooting and had a blast. Our lodge had our summer picnic at a local gun club with a trap range and we had a great time. One of the brothers is a member there and I am thinking of joining come spring. Of course, the Mrs. is none too thrilled at the prospect of me buying a Trap gun, but I am sure she will find something SHE wants to offset it!

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry