My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Christians Celebrate Christmas and Easter?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Interesting video...

[video=youtube;-RdJvQg7YqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdJvQg7YqI#t=92[/video]​

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Re: Should Christians Celebrate Christmas and East

First, opposing "truth" against "tradition" means that one claims the Bible is a lie, since Scripture teaches us to hold fast to traditions, whether written down or by word of mouth, so long as they do not contradict Scripture (Book of Timothy). That being said, there are people who say that Christians ought not celebrate ANYTHING at all--including birthdays. These dour, inhuman creatures were known as "puritans"--the Puritans outlawed Christmas and Easter, after all. Regarding nonsense about "pagan origins"--these "Christians" who are so scared of "pagan origins" had better darn well stop using English and speak only Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, the three languages of the Bible. English is a PAGAN ORIGIN language, after all.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member

Interesting indeed. We are told, early on in the video, that an unexamined belief (convention, if you will) is inexcusable. Then he tells us... what to believe. The irony is delightful.

Anyway...
So "the church" co-opted a couple of traditional pagan holidays. Big deal. I don't see that, in and of itself, as a reason for Christians not to celebrate this or that aspect of their beliefs. Now, if you have trouble with the form of those celebrations, including all the pagan symbology (evergreen boughs, bonfires, eggs, nuts, sunrise services, etc.), again, fine. If you're afraid of some evil magic accidentally rubbing off on your while you celebrate, more power to you. Don't take the chance.

Me, I'm happy to have a faith that allows, no, demands that I use my capabilities of reason so that I don't have to worry about my soul being threatened by touching an egg or going to church in the early morning.

Last edited:

BryanMaloney

Premium Member

I wonder if this guy would say that converts should not be considered Christian. After all, they have been "co-opted" from whatever non-Christian origins they might have.