Shrine Info

Discussion in 'Shrine' started by DJGurkins, Mar 19, 2013.

1. DJGurkins

DJGurkins Floresville #515 Premium Member

I have a few questions for any Shriners here.
    1. How much is it to petition?
    2.How much are yearly Dues?

The reason these questions are important to me is that I am of moderate income and cant afford allot. But I do have something that can be beneficial which is time during the week when most Brothers are working and cant provide there time.
    This is something that I will consider after I am raised to Master Mason.
    My ex-wife's little brother was helped by the Shriners in the 80s and again in the 90s with a condition from being born premature. With that being said he has turned into a wonderful young man and a great asset to his family.

It is time for me to pay it forward and give more kids the benefit of health and love without any expectations of return.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

I couldn't tell you how much your local Shrine is (it's likely different from my local Shrine, which is Moslah). I'm guessing the closest one to you is Alzafar Shrine [ http://www.alzafar.org/ ]. I found the petition on that site, but saw no mention of the fees. I would rather imagine some or several men in your lodge are Shriners and could tell you how much dues are and your secretary could hook you up with the petition fee amount. There is a number on that site as well you could contact and find out. :D

3. DJGurkins

Thanks crono782. I just thought I would ask. I am along way from getting to that point yet but I was just curious.

4. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The dues vary slightly from Temple to Temple. My dues at Hella are $100 per year, I think.

5. DJGurkins

Thanks Bro. Stewart. This will help. I have just heard all those story's about how all Shriners have a lot of money. and wanted to make sure before I wasted anyone time it wasn't based on much fact, as usual concerning anything Masonic it probably isn't.

6. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

There is a LOT of misconception about the Shrine. Not all of us have a lot of money (myself included), but the organization generates a lot of money. Much of the money generation has to do more so with the number of members, but the remainder had to do with donations and fundraisers.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen my group raise 10K or more in a matter of just a few minutes, for the right causes. Hella is one of the largest Temples in the nation though, with around 3,000 or so Nobles.

7. sands67

sands67 Premium Member

Well said. I am with Mazol Temple in Newfoundland Canada. Our temple is probably one of the smaller ones with approx 600 members. However we truly believe in the cause and try not to forget having fun at the same time. When I joined the Shrine in 2009 one thing our Recorder said at a stated meeting said always stuck with me "You don't have to be rich to be a Shriner" Right now the Shrine needs good people with good hearts who know how to have fun and support a great cause at the same time.

Freemason Connect Premium App

8. bnorthington0608

bnorthington0608 Registered User

Are there any good books for Shriners? Not only books on the teaches of the shrine, but maybe even a monitor on how meetings and ceremonies are held?.. Kind of like Duncan's ritual for Shriners.

Fraternally,
    Blake

9. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

I thought about trying to become a shriner but they want 400 to join

10. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

PHA?

11. Travelling Man91

Yes. That's not including yearly dues either.

12. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I think AAHMES is about $100 per year....

13. Travelling Man91

Sorry, I'm not understanding. what is the abbreviation AAHMES ?

14. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Its the name of our "Grand Lodge"
    this HTML class.
    www.aahmes.org

AAHMES is in CA USA.... we dont have a Temple here, just a Club which works under AAHMES

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  15. Travelling Man91

That website is not pulling up for some reason.

16. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

17. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

What is the abbreviation stand for?

18. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Its not an abbreviation but a name

19. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Oh...the all CAPS threw me off

20. Sir Buck