My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shriner's Screening Clinic

California Master

My Brothers,

Tomorrow, Nor-Cal Shrine Club, Redding, CA, will be holding their annual screening clinic for possible candidates to the hospital in Sacramento. We are a club of Ben Ali Temple in Sac. We have one of the best turnouts each year. We will screen probably 45 kids in about 4 hours. We have great support of our nobles and their ladies. It's a great day for Shriners which makes it a great day for Masonry.

We will be busy processing the kids and getting them through the clinic in a reasonable amount of time. That is what the Shrine should be all about. I'm not real keen on three week cruises to the Bahamas. I would rather see money being spent on getting kids taken care of in our hospitals. Sacramento is probably the State of the Art hospital which also has a burns wing on it. It is fairly new and has all of the bells and whistles that you would expect from our fraternity.