Sooooo Happy !!!

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by MeCorby, May 21, 2016.

1. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Hi, I thought I'll share the good news and the happines with you. During our todays meeting I have been given petition/application to join one of the lodges. If everything goes well I will be initiated in November then 2nd degree planned for Jan and MM for April. What a great news...!!! Looking forward to it !!!

hidonmesahj and dfreybur like this.
  2. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

I am delighted to hear this. I hope you will enjoy Freemasonry. It sounds like you are already a Mason "at heart".

3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations soon to be Brother!

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Congratulations !!!!!!

5. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Thank you all !!! Really cant wait...I wish it was tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Bloke likes this.
  6. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

Congratulations!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

7. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Just wondering, how long is the initiation ritual/ceremony ?

8. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Depends on where you are..... UK ?

Then thete are some optional charges. I'd allow 1 hour 40 minutes , but it might be +-30 for business and optional sections of there ceremony. Snack and make sure you go to the loo before is my sage advice - oh, and relax and LISTEN! :)

9. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

Sage words regarding going to the loo, but I'd recommend not having a drink, especially tea or coffee all afternoon, lol!

The meeting I was initiated at lasted about two hours including 20-30 min at beginning before they got to me.

10. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Oh dear... 2hrs - I am sure it was very exciting. Roll on November - still 6 months to go ;(

11. hidonmesahj

hidonmesahj Registered User

Very cool. It's an awesome experience. Give yourself into the night's events and you'll have a very profound initiation.

12. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Thanks for the advice, I cannot wait !!!

13. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The whole evening. In addition to the degree ceremony there will be a meal or snack before and a social after. Or a social before and a meal or snack after depending on local lodge tradition.

On occasion degrees are conferred in the morning - A whole morning. Or in the afternoon - The whole afternoon.

14. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

That's a good answer...

15. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Really !? Whole evening !? Didnt expect this...but its even better :)

16. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

Indeed, if it's anything like my initiation, when I arrived a few brothers were in the bar downstairs having a quick drink whilst I went and filled out some paperwork with the Secretary. The meeting started at 6.15pm.

2hrs later I was the newest brother of the lodge and we went downstairs for the Festive Board. I won't spoil what happens but you'll be the guest of honour and your proposer should have told you that you'll have to make a short reply to a toast. My only advice is get the opening right (you proposer will help) and keep it short and the brethren will be most impressed!

Finally, at about half ten, my lift arrived to take me home, head spinning as I was trying to process the evening.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    MeCorby likes this.
  17. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

We are a society founded in an era before cars were invented and we are big on in person contact. "Stop and smell the roses" becomes "Hang out and chew the fat".

MeCorby and Scoops like this.
  18. Lazza21

Lazza21 Registered User

If you are to be initiated into a Lodge in England the ceremony is in two parts the first is no more than an hour and you won't be admitted to the Lodge before the ceremony begins and you will have a brief time outside to restore your personal comforts before the second part. Usually after that Lodge business is transacted before everyone retires to the bar before dining. But it's good advice not to drink before hand, certainly not pints.

MeCorby likes this.
  19. MeCorby

MeCorby Registered User

Thanks...whats the deal with "drinking" ? Why can we drink ?

20. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Grand Lodge Freemasonry was founded at a tavern in London and 1717. Meetings all over the world outside of the US include drink.

There is never a requirement to drink it's just a part of the founding tradition.

Share My Freemasonry