My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spiritual help

Sabathil

I'm in the exact situation! How has masonry changed your life??
Because I listened to other people. I would ask one person's advice and would leave the situation alone then revisited it then I did it again and final time I said forget it and followed my heart. One if the best decisions I've ever made.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App[/Your

AndreAshlar

I also was taught by my mother that Freemasonry was satanic. Even though my dad was highly involved. I became a born again Christian as a teenager. Later as an adult I faced similar feelings that you describe. I wish I could say that joining will answer all your questions or calm all your fears. But it won't. Even after I entered the Lodge I wondered if I had lost my salvation because of becoming a freemason. It takes many years to unlearn things from our youth but with patience and perseverance you can follow your heart and move beyond superstitious beliefs. Most of my Mason friends are imperfect, like me, and they all believe in Jesus. If you come from a fundamentalist church upbringing this may be too difficult for you. Maybe seek out a Freemason who is also a minister and ask him all your questions, that's what I did. Hope that helps you.

@JamesMichael I wish I could like this response twice. Perfect articulation of my masonic experience thus far and my reservations prior to petitioning my lodge. @Sabathil My masonic walk, thus far, has enhanced my spirtuality or so it seems. I feel more spiritual and I feel more informed about God and my relationship to/with Him. Not to mention the greater awareness I feel about life, in general. Pray and meditate and be receptive to the answers you receive as a result of your prayers. It can be eye opening, liberating, fun and enriching if you allow yourself to receive truth. Personally, I had to get out of my own way and move beyond the guilt of questioning different things that I'd been taught. Tradition is powerful in my life and I imagine yours too. The reality is, tradition and truth are not always synonymous. That's a hard pill to swallow for most of us.