My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SRICF

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
About two years ago I was initiated into the first order of the SRICF in the Alabama College. A few months later life happened and I moved to Maryland. I transferred my membership to the Maryland College and yesterday finally finished my paper. I am hoping to present it at the next meeting when the date is announced.

This will be the first Masonic paper I've written that I've shared with anyone. I am a bit nervous.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
The Fallen Log

While I was walking through a park I read a sign about what happens after a tree dies and falls. The parallel between the word log and lodge inspired me.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
About two years ago I was initiated into the first order of the SRICF in the Alabama College. A few months later life happened and I moved to Maryland. I transferred my membership to the Maryland College and yesterday finally finished my paper. I am hoping to present it at the next meeting when the date is announced.

This will be the first Masonic paper I've written that I've shared with anyone. I am a bit nervous.
Best of luck! I am going to be presenting a paper to the Wyoming College next weekend!

n8blanchard

Premium Member
Congratulations. I would have to say that it is mine as well.
As nerve racking as writing that first paper, or submitting that first project may be, there is nothing, in my opinion, that compares to the reward that we receive as an end result.
I suspect that you will enjoy the 2nd order as much, if not more, than the first. I know I certainly did.

skas

Premium Member
This is slowly becoming my favorite Masonic body.

It did that very quickly for me...absolutely love it. I feel bad for the Fraters where their College is naught but a 'supper club'. I mean, if that's what they want, good for them, but it can be so much more.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
It did that very quickly for me...absolutely love it. I feel bad for the Fraters where their College is naught but a 'supper club'. I mean, if that's what they want, good for them, but it can be so much more.
I've heard good things about your College. My College's Secretary snowbirds down there.

skas

Premium Member
I've heard good things about your College. My College's Secretary snowbirds down there.

Thanks for the kind words, Frater. I'm still pretty new to my college, so can't say I've contributed to that, but am glad that we're leaving a good impression.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
This is a bit late, but on May 6th I gave a paper at Wyoming College's collation dinner. The next day we initiated four Fratres through the IV°; 3 of them from Idaho. It was a great time and since most of us had a 7+ hour drive we had some great discussions.

n8blanchard

Premium Member
That's fantastic KSigMason. If I had known about that, I would have made the drive up from Utah with a few Fraters.

n8blanchard

Premium Member
Fraters,
I wasn't able to say much during our last conversations of papers and presentations here but If you have received your yearly copy of the AL from SRICF I would love the hear your thoughts. I have a dual presentation in this years print which consists of a sculpture piece and an article.
Hope all is well!

skas

Premium Member
I probably won't be receiving my copy until September, but I'm looking forward to it!

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Fraters,
I wasn't able to say much during our last conversations of papers and presentations here but If you have received your yearly copy of the AL from SRICF I would love the hear your thoughts. I have a dual presentation in this years print which consists of a sculpture piece and an article.
Hope all is well!
I just got my copy today so I will read it through.