My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SRICF

skas

Premium Member
Fraters,
I wasn't able to say much during our last conversations of papers and presentations here but If you have received your yearly copy of the AL from SRICF I would love the hear your thoughts. I have a dual presentation in this years print which consists of a sculpture piece and an article.
Hope all is well!

Frater, terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to this. I thoroughly enjoyed your articles. I think it's neat reading about Fraters doing practical work and their process outside of some of the other practical work that we might do in SRICF. Thanks for sharing your story, and your dedication to our order.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Is anyone going to the annual 2017 Annual High Council Meeting in a few weeks? I wish I could make it, but I have to travel for work. The schedule looks like a good one.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
I wanted to go but for some reason I kept thinking the 2017 meeting had already happened. Now it's to late to get off of work.

CLewey44

Oh nice, I figured they were in amity with each other but didn't know if that event was exclusively SRICF. May look into that down the road.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
I'm assuming Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia members can't go this.
SRIA Fratres have attended SRICF High Council meetings. The Supreme Magus of the SRIS is attending this year. Some of the meetings are open to VIII° and IX° only.

CLewey44

SRIA Fratres have attended SRICF High Council meetings. The Supreme Magus of the SRIS is attending this year. Some of the meetings are open to VIII° and IX° only.

I see, that makes sense. I'm about to receive the Theoricus grade in November. So that rules me out.

CLewey44

Are you an Anglia member?

Yes, the Toronto College #20 in Etobicoke, Ontario. It's a pretty good drive, about three hours, but meetings are not monthly but on months with a fifth Wednesday. Super group of guys but the drive is pretty long. Buffalo (1.5 hours away vs. Toronto at 3 hrs.) has an SRICF College from my understanding. I finally met an SRICF Frater in another group I'm in and hopefully he'll invite me as he's mentioned. We'll see. Don't want to press it since that'll get you nowhere with the SRICF lol.

n8blanchard

Premium Member
Frater, terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to this. I thoroughly enjoyed your articles. I think it's neat reading about Fraters doing practical work and their process outside of some of the other practical work that we might do in SRICF. Thanks for sharing your story, and your dedication to our order.

Thank you very much for your kind words Frater. It was truly a labor of love.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
We shared our last St John's dinner with the So Cal college of SRCIF (I believe 3 or 4 of our PMs are Fraters). Great guys. I would've really liked to have spoken with them more, but, as it happens, one's attention is pulled in so many different directions.

CLewey44

We shared our last St John's dinner with the So Cal college of SRCIF (I believe 3 or 4 of our PMs are Fraters). Great guys. I would've really liked to have spoken with them more, but, as it happens, one's attention is pulled in so many different directions.
That is so true. I go to meetings all the time and will be talking to some interesting Brother for a few minutes, talking esoteric stuff and then suddenly get 'blocked' by some other guy coming over "Hey Jeff.... Jeff! Bill over here works at the hospital too!" and grabs their arm and pulls them away. Kills the momentum and then it's back to talking about nothing.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
That is so true. I go to meetings all the time and will be talking to some interesting Brother for a few minutes, talking esoteric stuff and then suddenly get 'blocked' by some other guy coming over "Hey Jeff.... Jeff! Bill over here works at the hospital too!" and grabs their arm and pulls them away. Kills the momentum and then it's back to talking about nothing.
EXACTLY! Somewhat frustrating, because I really enjoy the esoteric side of things and rarely find people I can talk to about it. But, at the same time, the fellowship that night was great, so all in all, it was still a net positive experience.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Just curious, how do you obtain different grades in SRICF?
It sounds different from the SRIA.

CLewey44

Just curious, how do you obtain different grades in SRICF?
It sounds different from the SRIA.

From my understanding with SRICF, and Bro. Rip and others may clarify, you do need to present papers to proceed to the next grade. In the SRIA (at least the first order) its more about time.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
First order Grades are just like Blue Lodge you just get em and at least in NM can be given in any order. To move beyond though you must present a research paper

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry