St Thomas of Acon

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by crono782, Aug 6, 2017.

1. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Was initiated this morning as a charter member of Thomas Beckett Chapel no. 31 of the Commemorative Order of St Thomas of Acon. Very cool initiation and a lot of historical significance. Very happy to be a part of the Order and especially as a charter member.

Kalip78, Bloke, Beehive Mason and 2 others like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations Brother. I'm very happy for you!

3. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Congrats! I got the summons for this consecration, but I couldn't make it.

4. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

5. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Officially known as the Commemorative Order of Saint Thomas of Acon, this order exists to reaffirm a Knights Templar’s vows and to raise funds for the maintenance of the Canterbury Cathedral. Membership in this Order is by invitation-only with the prerequisite that they also be a member of a recognized Commandery of Knights Templar. There is also a membership restriction for each Chapel, but they are encouraged to keep their membership below 50-knights.

The basic organizational unit of the Order is called a Chapel and is presided over by the Worthy Master and Eminent Prior. The next organization level is known as the Provincial Grand Council which is presided over by a Provincial Grand Preceptor and Provincial Grand Prior. The next level is known as the Grand Master’s Council and is presided over by the Most Worthy Grand Master and Most Eminent Grand Prior. Each of these organizational levels has officers like those in a Chapel.

More: http://www.albertpikedemolay.org/texaschapel/jhbray.html

Kalip78, rgarner and Bloke like this.

Share My Freemasonry