My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting out

JGP

Hello, I am interested in opinions here. Would mid to late 30s be considered a good age to start a journey in masonry ?

Jrich

Hello, I am interested in opinions here. Would mid to late 30s be considered a good age to start a journey in masonry ?

I’m 34 and I am currently trying to join. Plus a lodge member from where I’m trying to join said he was in his 40’s or so when he joined and his best friend joined in his 70’s.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Chaz

I joined at 21 but drifted in and out of lodge over the years. I'm in my 30's now and I believe I'm better prepared these days.

JGP

I was raised a few years ago but havent been active. I am waiting on virus restrictions to lift so hopefully I can get in good standing with my lodge and become involved.

Winter

Premium Member
I was fortunate to find the Craft in my 20's in a good Lodge that got me active early. Now I'm only in my late 40's and already with over 20 years in the Order, a PM, multiple appendent bodies, founded an EC Lodge and made countless lifelong friends among my Brothers. And I feel like I am just getting started with decades of membership ahead. Some join early and never really get involved. Some join late and try to do everything as fast as they can! I hope your journey is as exciting and fulfilling as mine has been.

Transmitted via R5 astromech using Tapatalk Galactic

Bloke

Premium Member
Average age of a man joining here is 33.

A good age is when you want to join... eldest man I have seen join was 82, youngest 18, on his 18th Birthday (you can apply here at 17, but cannot be initiated until 18)

Mark Stockdale

Premium Member
I joined at the age of 49, having said that, my lodge's latest candidate is 78, and he went through his first just before Scotland went into lockdown for the virus.

Keith C

I was 56 when I was Entered.

The right time is when the time is right. For me that was when my youngest kid was out of HS so there were no longer a myriad of activities to support.

Only you and your family / SO, can discern if you have the time and only you know what is in your heart.