My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stood MM Proficiency Last Night...

Symthrell

Last night was the night that I and another brother were to stand proficiency for MM. We both worked hard on the first two degrees and never missed a practice. This last degree my work schedule kept throwing me curve balls and I was out of town for 3 weeks straight. I had to work hard to catch up and was nervous going into it. Once we started things just flowed and we both made it through with very solid showings. Were we word for word perfect? No, but we were pretty dang good! All in all it was a great night one I enjoyed very much. Now a life time of learning begins!

CLewey44

Last night was the night that I and another brother were to stand proficiency for MM. We both worked hard on the first two degrees and never missed a practice. This last degree my work schedule kept throwing me curve balls and I was out of town for 3 weeks straight. I had to work hard to catch up and was nervous going into it. Once we started things just flowed and we both made it through with very solid showings. Were we word for word perfect? No, but we were pretty dang good! All in all it was a great night one I enjoyed very much. Now a life time of learning begins!
Nice! Congratulations to you and your good Brother that was there with you. Proficiency not perfection is the key for sure. My GL requires us to 'turn in' our MM cat lecture if you want to be an officer. It's also required to join YR and SR or you have to wait six months or a year; can't remember, to join those appendant bodies. Some states don't require it at all.

Symthrell

Georgia requires all Raised to stand proficiency within 45 days of being Raised to receive their Dues Card and to become an official member of their home lodge. Although the WM can extend your time another 45 days due to work obligations and illness (and other things that can interfere). Ours was extended to the 63 day mark due to my work schedule being so hectic and when the next meeting was. We were probably ready for the first meeting in October but they gave us the option of waiting till last nights meeting. I was glad we took the extra time!

CLewey44

Georgia requires all Raised to stand proficiency within 45 days of being Raised to receive their Dues Card and to become an official member of their home lodge. Although the WM can extend your time another 45 days due to work obligations and illness (and other things that can interfere). Ours was extended to the 63 day mark due to my work schedule being so hectic and when the next meeting was. We were probably ready for the first meeting in October but they gave us the option of waiting till last nights meeting. I was glad we took the extra time!

Oh wow, some states don't require a MM cat lect at all from my understanding. Oklahoma is sort of optional. GA sounds pretty strict about it which is probably a good thing. That way guys don't show up, get raised and then never step foot back in lodge again.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Oh wow, some states don't require a MM cat lect at all from my understanding. Oklahoma is sort of optional. GA sounds pretty strict about it which is probably a good thing. That way guys don't show up, get raised and then never step foot back in lodge again.

Oregon also requires all MM to "prove Up". New Mexico doesn't, but my lodge being a TO lodge requires it for brothers going in to the South, and strongly recommend all brothers turn it in..... I think it should be required of all MMs

CLewey44

Oregon also requires all MM to "prove Up". New Mexico doesn't, but my lodge being a TO lodge requires it for brothers going in to the South, and strongly recommend all brothers turn it in..... I think it should be required of all MMs

I think it's a must to turn it in too. Should be required.

Nice, we finally got a TO lodge up here in Rochester. It's so new it doesn't even have a number assigned to it yet from GL of NY but it's in the works. Definitely a good experience from the one time I went in Norman, OK.