My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suit or Tux

dfreybur

Premium Member
Oshkosh overalls was acceptable (even formal it seemed haha) at my lodge in rural Kentucky.

Oshkosh - I have long wondered how a fire engine company ended up with the same name as a clothing company. Are they both from the same town in Wisconsin?

Bridgeford - Charcoal and pepperoni. Shrug. I figure if I kept looking I could keep finding name overlaps of this sort.

Canadian Paul

Traditionally we go causal for Christmas with jeans and collared shirt, people are not a fan of this, we did it for 4 years, and finally gave up on it last year. I think people like lodge because it's a place they can dress up for without it being an expensive night... even 5 year old boys are often in bow ties... it's all very cute.

Normally, dress in my lodge is tux for Office-bearers and business suit for benchers. At Christmas we go really wild - Office-bearers wear business suits and we all wear gaudy Christmas ties! We had a 'Christmas Family Lunch' after our December meeting this year - a suggestion we wear 'Ugly Christmas Sweaters' to lodge met with overwhelming rejection!

Tpower31

Premium Member
Ok, I'm looking to buy a suit or tux to wear to lodge and or Masonic events/functions. So what are the preferences? I'm not talking tails on tux, that would be overdress in a lot of Texas country lodges.

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry Pro

As one other brother here stated. Buy a charcoal grey suit. It is versatile and can be worn for many different functions. Its not necessary to wear a white shirt all the time you can wear a light blue, cream colour or off white, or even a light pink shirt works well. Mostly wear black shoes are worn but you can wear oxblood, burgundy, or even a darker brown shoes with a charcoal grey suit.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
As one other brother here stated. Buy a charcoal grey suit. It is versatile and can be worn for many different functions. Its not necessary to wear a white shirt all the time you can wear a light blue, cream colour or off white, or even a light pink shirt works well. Mostly wear black shoes are worn but you can wear oxblood, burgundy, or even a darker brown shoes with a charcoal grey suit.
Good choice but I chose to get two good but not really expensive suits. One black with white pin stripes and the other a medium grey. Each can be worn with an assortment of colors of shirts and ties.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Ok, I'm looking to buy a suit or tux to wear to lodge and or Masonic events/functions. So what are the preferences? I'm not talking tails on tux, that would be overdress in a lot of Texas country lodges.

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry Pro
I would go by "when in Rome," when it comes to dressing.

Our meetings are dark suit.
Official Visits and Degree Nights = Officer in Dinner Suit (tux)

I would not wear a tux to a regular meeting unless I planned on visiting a NJ PHA lodge. I happen to own a tux because I'm an officer. I will try to remember the site I bought mine off of. I think I paid just under 160 for jacket, pants, shirt and pre-tied bow-tie.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I made a black suit out of separates on Amazon. I must say it looks pretty decent for 130 bucks. I even bought a royal blue paisley vest and tie. I will put it all on and take a picture on Thursday. I am going to where it to a masters degree I am conferring.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry