My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symbolic Allegory Allude To Christ?

Eric Edwards

I am not a mason yet but I am petitioning.
This has been a very hard decision for me because I have done immense research.

Something I find interesting is as follows...

Okay masonry is a individual experience which is why it is open to men of all faiths. I personally don't see a problem with having friends of other
faiths. The equally yoked stuff applies to marriage. What if my blood relatives aren't christians do I then renounce our relationship?!

No..because the word even says for a believer to stay with a unbelieving spouse.

I shouldn't marry one in the first place but...

Every prayer I have ever said ended in the name of Jesus but the prayer Jesus taught did not.

Our father which art in heaven...Does not end in Jesus Name. He was not yet risen again but
never the less.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/series/praying-in-the-name-of-jesus/

Read that after or in another window....

I do believe Christ is the only way. I have wondered if all faiths lead to God but I can't reconcile
death of God's son being a requirement if such were true. For the word says without the shedding
of blood there is no forgiveness of sin.

Is it coincidence that the first person raised from the dead was a widows son?

Christ then raised a widows son in Luke 7...

Is Hiram symbolic of these widows son's as well?

Could it be that the apron (lambskin)was intended by the founders of masonry to be symbolic of PUTTING ON Christ?

Could it be clothing yourself in HIS innocence that grants you access to the celestial lodge above?

For salvation is by grace not of works lest any man should boast.

Many of our forefathers were masons and Christians. In that day and age integrity meant
everything. Now everything you read says you cannot be a Christian and a Mason. Your
unequally yoked. You have another Jesus which is Hiram. It has a system of salvation by works.
It teaches morals through ancient ritual and allegory. The lodge is opened and closed with prayer
so therefore according to antimasons it is a religion. I don't know...I don't see it as such but I am on
the outside looking in. I see it as a group of men who have faith in God who set their religious beliefs
in their own hearts and work together for the betterment of humanity. I do admit that sounds a bit
universalistic to me but...If I did charity xyz charity it's not needed that I run in screaming I am a Christian.

I do wish Christ was more central to the lodge but I guess that the membership would be less?
I don't know the history but if I was a betting man...I would bet the founders of masonry has
christian beliefs. The fact that I am sure the bible was the first book ever swore upon affirms this.

Please fill me in without breaking your vows.

Is Hiram a allegory of Jesus? If so why conceal Christ?
There are other religions that have a savior born of a virgin
etc...and there are some who claim this predates Christ.
I did some research on that and there is no proof that it
predates Christ.

I read somewhere that Hiram is stated to be the Masonic Savior in the
Kentucky Monitors. They said Jesus was the Christian savior and Hiram
the masonic one. That was on a anti-masonic site of course.

Does ANYONE here consider Hiram Abiff their savior?

I doubt anyone will say yes.

Seeking The Truth The Way and The Light

Eric Edwards

Last edited:

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Freemasonry predates Christianity, at least in the things we concern ourselves with most. King Solomon, etc.

My advice to you is to do your best to quieten your mind on these issues for now, you have a lot of time to theorize on it. In other threads you have been assured by many men of faith that your own will not come into question, nor be challenged. That is the truth. Many of the interpretations are left to the man. You have already probably seen more discussion on religion from freemasons here than you are likely to see in blue lodge for years, we leave that journey to you.

As you have mentioned and alluded to, freemasonry is far more about the practical ways to improve upon your own character. It is true we participate in charitable works, but each lodge prioritizes that differently. You might think of freemasonry as an ancient self improvement course, among other things.

One of the first lessons we learn is centered on patience, which gets reinforced in ways down the road. Trust is another. Try to do both of these things, for now, especially in your research of the stories that back freemasonry. You'll find just enough truth to cloud the reality and make less of the experience as you go through it.

Trust that we are men of good character who have no interest in changing your faith. Have patience to allow the men of your lodge to tell you the story in the old way and learn the lessons the way time has proven. Focus upon the men of your lodge and building relationships with them. Set aside the rest, for now. My advice to you.

Good luck.

Eric Edwards

I appreciate your answer. I also read your other post where you consider Jesus equal to other wise men.
I disagree but you have that right.