My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Tavole Architettoniche"

Bloke

Premium Member
Do you read masonic assays articles during Lodge Workings?
It's rare.. but also, I don't see the point of reading something you can read at home being read in lodge. That sort of thing is often more about the ego of the writer (or reader) rather than education. Better to discuss an essay than to have it read. It can make for a good Lodge Meeting - give some per-reading which will be discussed. one of your MMs did it during COVID via ZOOM and we got right into discussing it..

Winter

Premium Member
It's rare.. but also, I don't see the point of reading something you can read at home being read in lodge. That sort of thing is often more about the ego of the writer (or reader) rather than education. Better to discuss an essay than to have it read. It can make for a good Lodge Meeting - give some per-reading which will be discussed. one of your MMs did it during COVID via ZOOM and we got right into discussing it..

Couldn't agree more. There is a much better opportunity for learning through discussion instead of passively listening. I've even been in Lodges where they go around the room with each person reading a few sentences of an article like we're in primary school. lol

William R

Imagine watching a horror movie on the beach during the day while having a drink...
Or imagine seeing a love movie right after a football match in the pub...
They wouldn't be good experiences, don't you think?
I believe that having the opportunity to read Freemasonry texts inside a consecrated Temple with the Holy Book opened, gives the possibility to perceive different nuances of reading.
A bit like placing a stone in the middle of a lawn or on a construction site...

Anyway, this is only my personal way of feeling and I thank the Brother for this interesting topic.
TFA

Bloke

Premium Member
Imagine watching a horror movie on the beach during the day while having a drink...
Or imagine seeing a love movie right after a football match in the pub...
They wouldn't be good experiences, don't you think?
I believe that having the opportunity to read Freemasonry texts inside a consecrated Temple with the Holy Book opened, gives the possibility to perceive different nuances of reading.
A bit like placing a stone in the middle of a lawn or on a construction site...

Anyway, this is only my personal way of feeling and I thank the Brother for this interesting topic.
TFA
Thanks for your reply !