My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Beer

Favorite Texas Beer

• Shiner

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Lonestar

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Rahr

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Franconia Brewing Company

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeigenbock

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Pearl

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Wingnut

Premium Member
LS used to be my favorite. When I was stationed in Hawaii in 1980-84 I used to pay friends to send me cases of it!

scottmh59

pearl.jpg

whooooooooo:beer:

owls84

Premium Member
I am a Lonestar man. I used to only drink Lonestar then I went to some Shiner but never beat it. I am thinking about trying the Rahr and Sons but I just never got around to it. Sounds like a good plan, Tom, Scott? What do you guys say for Monday? Each bring a few to Toms house and try em out? I am game. We could invite Rhit but he is a whiskey drinker.

lwdisney

My favorite is Ziegen Bock, but I def like Shiner and Lonestar. Franconia is aight. The only Rahr's I like is Iron Thistle and they stopped making it...the other Rahr's are just plain nasty

JBD

Premium Member
Or we could meet in N Arl at the Cigar Store and try them all with the Big Screen and Leather Couches in the members area while we teach the EA that owns the place (Don't tell me I don't recruit according to the needs of the Lodge :rolleyes: :biggrin: )

ljlinson1206

Premium Member
Premium Member
OK, I know I represent the minority here. My first chioce of "any" beer would aways be George Killians Irish Red. But, if I can't find it, then my next chioce would have to be the goat....Ziegen Bock. It has a very nice body and texture. The taste is smooth and refreshing without a harsh after taste. Anything else is just silly. Might as well be drinking Coors Light. lol

C. Banks Barbee

Case Beer of choice-- Lone Star hands down.

When in a six pack mood, I like to get the Shiner "Family Reunion" pack because of the mix. Has anyone tried the "Kosmos Reserve?" I thought for sure it was going to be the 100th anniversary beer, seeing as how it tastes almost exactly like Shiner Blonde, and Blonde is the closest relic to the recipe that Kosmos Spoetzl started brewing with. Oh well.

And you know why alcohol isn't allowed by the Grand Lodge? Pearl drinkers would buy it instead of good beer and ruined it for the rest of us.