My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Amercan's Creed, by William Tyler Page

Bro Mike

Since my Lodge scheduled the Installation of Officers on the July 4th weekend, RW T.K. Anthony added a few elements to the usual presentation. The first patriotic piece he recited was The American's Creed by William Tyler Page,

"I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."

William Tyler Page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American's_Creed