The Black Camel

Discussion in 'Sickness and Distress' started by Glen Cook, May 10, 2018.

1. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Gene Bracewell, Past Imperial Potentate, Imperial Treasurer, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and International President of Cabiri has passed. He served the Shrine for 36 years in these positions. He was 83. His Lady Kathryn survives him.

In one of my Committee positions with Imperial Shrine, we had an occasion in which we were at odds. He accepted my apology (and free drink) and became a mentor. He was graceful and one of the greatest fund raisers for the Hospital in the last century.

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Condolences and I hope you celebrate his life and that his mentorship continues to guide now that his time is gone..

Howard Giang and Glen Cook like this.
  3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

My sincere condolences to you for the loss of your friend and also to his family.

Howard Giang and Glen Cook like this.
  4. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Sorry for the loss of your friend and Brother, Brother Glen. Sounds like the Fraternity lost a good and faithful servant.

Howard Giang likes this.
  5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Thanks, all. Also news yesterday that Douglas Jordan, Past Sovereign Grand Master of the Allied Masonic Degrees of the US, had passed. And, today, Warren Upton, Chairman Emeritus of both Imperial Shrine Grievances and Appeals and Jurisprudence had left this world.

Not the best week for the fraternity.

The fraternity is bitter sweet. We develop these relationships, and then they are interrupted. The salve should be the belief in eternal life.

It should be.

6. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Glen Cook and Howard Giang like this.
  7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Totally agree!

8. Center

Center Registered User

Share My Freemasonry