My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Butler

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Saw it the other night...amazing film!!

[video=youtube;eZ4xDTz8Avc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ4xDTz8Avc[/video]​

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Another great film with Forest Whitaker:

[video=youtube;iV_QgKJFZP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_QgKJFZP0[/video]​

rpbrown

Premium Member
The Last King of Scotland was a good movie.
As much as I would like to see the Butler, I cannot and will not support any movie that has Hanoi Jane Fonda in it though.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I didn't notice Fonda's part (small enough to be called a cameo?) until well into the movie.

Like "Forrest Gump" it's a historical movie that tells the tale of an era now past using plenty of historical facts tied together with a fictional story line. It is the sort of movie the Academy like to give Oscars to.

We also saw Jobs. Kusher's performance is disliked by critics maybe because he played the part of a jerk. Near as I can tell Kusher's take was more friendly, generous and sympathetic then Jobs actually was. if reasonable men adapt to their environments so progress is driven by the unreasonable, Jobs was very unreasonable and so drove extreme progress.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The Last King of Scotland was a good movie.
As much as I would like to see the Butler, I cannot and will not support any movie that has Hanoi Jane Fonda in it though.

She's in there for about one minute.

Freemason Connect HD

perryel

The subject of the movie, The Butler, Eugene Allen, was a Freemason at Ionic Lodge #17 - MWPHGL District of Columbia.

Freemason Connect HD

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The subject of the movie, The Butler, Eugene Allen, was a Freemason at Ionic Lodge #17 - MWPHGL District of Columbia.

Freemason Connect HD

That's awesome!! One thing that struck me during the film was a particular handshake. I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not, but I noticed it ;)

Freemason Connect HD[/QUOTE]

perryel

That's awesome!! One thing that struck me during the film was a particular handshake. I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not, but I noticed it ;)

Freemason Connect HD
[/QUOTE]

I noticed that scene as well...felt the camera shot was very deliberate.

Freemason Connect HD

rpbrown

Premium Member
She's in there for about one minute.

Freemason Connect HD

From someone that was over ther, I don't care if she was only in the movie for 1 second. She is still getting paid from the film and I do not do anything to support this traitor

bagpiper

Freemason Connect HD
[/QUOTE]

I noticed the handshake too. I was told once I made Master Mason, I would start noticing Masonic things in some movies. For example in the film "Hyde Park On Hudson", Bill Murray as FDR was wearing a Past Master's ring. At one point in the film, the camera actually pans in on it.

Freemason Connect HD