My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Craft: How the Freemasons Made the Modern World

Winter

Premium Member
I just finished The Craft by John Dickie. This has been one of the most enjoyable Masonic books I have read recently. I cannot recommend it enough. Dickie takes a very informative deep dive into Masonic history, warts and all, in several of the areas around the world where Freemasons have had a major impact. The British isles, The Americas, France, Germany, and Italy to name a few. I may need to read it again take notes this time.

813B+9IfTSL.jpg

Bloke

Premium Member
I just finished The Craft by John Dickie. This has been one of the most enjoyable Masonic books I have read recently. I cannot recommend it enough. Dickie takes a very informative deep dive into Masonic history, warts and all, in several of the areas around the world where Freemasons have had a major impact. The British isles, The Americas, France, Germany, and Italy to name a few. I may need to read it again take notes this time.
100% agree Winter. It was a great read and I recommend it too. AND Iike you, will also probably go back to it again..

Brother John

I recently finished the audio book version. It was just over 16.5 hrs long and was narrated by Simon Slater, who did a very good job.
Like you brothers, I found the book very informative. The author is not a member and does a very good job on showing the good and the bad in our history. I especially found his treatment of the craft's origins very informative.
Sometimes when you take in the audio version of a book you miss out on things like graphs or other illustrations. It doesn't appear that happened with this book.
Highly recommend the audio version.