The Egyptian Schools of Mystery?

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by ChildofTheSun13, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Yeah, really.

coachn likes this.
  2. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Most posts are intended as starting points for investigation - for those that are looking for more.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  3. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Look! A SQUIRREL! masonicsquirrel.jpg Let's all chase it!

4. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The dog in the movie UP is named Doug. I think that's because someone met me and decided to make me a character in an animated movie. Squirrel!

coachn, Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.
  5. Warrior1256

Lol!

6. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I am not enjoying the negativity, its not making me angry, just dispirited.. Coach, it's like you are throwing sparks around petrol hoping something will blow up. We recently saw another (past) volatile member of this board , who had enthusiastically joined and was posting interesting primary and secondary material ignite to the sparks you (and others, probably including me) threw at him. When that happens, all you do is metaphorically burn down your own (cyber) house (and others in it). I appreciate intellectual vigor, but not ad hominem pokes. It's much less coach and much more (very smart and very subtle) troll. Its not really a culture I want to be a part of and watching it is making me think of leaving this board. I'm here to try to learn and share, but I feel like I watching people (not ideas) get picked on. That, combined with the removal of content others and I've generated is seriously making me think about moving on, which I am very disappointed about because since the demise of T3P and TSS, I've missed having a masonic chat board to participate in. I've got so much great stuff going on in the Craft, I also want this to be one of them, but perhaps it is not to be... and I dont want to be on a board where we have a nanny moderator but rather where respectful peer to peer, brother to brother, interaction keeps us on track and civil, even during disagreement; surely we can do that or were not as good as Masons (see, I do read) as we ought, or could be. If we don't do it, we're failing and also setting others up to follow us down that path.

7. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Warrior1256

Same here!!!!

9. JM-MWPHGLGA

JM-MWPHGLGA Premium Member

Bring us up to level Brother. The leaders on this website should be more engage and respectful of others opinions. What you just displayed was an example of The Order that's put in place for us as Men.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

CLewey44 likes this.
  10. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Sorry but I just couldnt read past this without a comment, Sitchin is a well known fraud and his claims have been debunked many times.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  11. JamestheJust

I have read many debunkings. For example Castaneda was debunked because a book he borrowed from the university library was returned when he was out of the country. Proof indeed!

This is typical of a debunker: pick a few items to dispute from a million propositions.

Innovators often do not have everything right - as to be expected in new lines of inquiry.

Why do debunkers wish us not to pursue new areas of thought? Why indeed?

And has there ever been a debunker that ever discovered something new? Why is that?

Are the "hidden mysteries of nature and science" to be uncovered without effort?

12. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

The problem isnt just a book. The problem is that his so-called evidence never have hold up to any critical investigation in either lingustics or in historical ideas wich are things that can be proven or disproven based on facts wich is what science is all about.
    If you reinvent something or make something new you have to be able to back it up wich he has never been able to do and this is why heis the laughing stock of the whole scientific Community as he always failed to either disprove other theories or prove why his are better.

coachn and Ripcord22A like this.
  13. JamestheJust

Sitchin provided me with much useful information about Masonry.

For example his account demonstrates why the 18th degree is military.

And his writings expose the nature of the triple word in Holy Royal Arch and why the 3 Principals have those wands.

14. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Well considering that most his other works has turned out to be false you should take it with a pinch of salt.

coachn likes this.
  15. JamestheJust

In my experience it is necessary to read very widely to make sense of Masonic ritual.

So far I have found what look like borrowings from:

- Sumer
    - Egypt
    - Judaism
    - Mithraism
    - India
    - Christianity
    - Scotland
    - Alchemy
    - and others.

16. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

I think we should consider freemasonry as partly a best of collection and leave it at that.

I personaly like to read a lot about rituals and ritual history but even people who don't read a lot about it makes sense of the rituals as they are designed to be open to different interpretations depending on the person and the place.

MWS, Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.
  17. JamestheJust

Since those that wrote the rituals claimed not to have the genuine secrets, I will continue my research, but I appreciate that most brethren are content - as is their right.

18. Warrior1256

Good point Brother.

19. HeZe

HeZe Registered User

20. BoldAsBrass

BoldAsBrass Registered User

any body can help me find any of these Lodges in Egypt ?
    Imhotep Lodge No. 1 (GrandMaster’s Lodge)
    Kemet Lodge No. 2
    Isis Lodge No. 3

Share My Freemasonry