My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Expectations Of The Millennial Freemason, An Interview With Brother Justin Jones

hfmm97

Premium Member
Excellent Bro Jones-you are truly the future of the lodge...

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
There is a recurring issue with the claim that older people are resistant to change. What’s it called when we ascribe a trait to an entire group of people?

I, for one, am happy with change if it has a purpose. I’m quite happy with higher dues, but is the only purpose to be an economic barrier to entry? That just means the person will not continue to invest either the human or financial capital sooner if reward is not obtained for the time and money invested.

On a somewhat similar note, SGC of England indicates greater retention of a member is also in Royal Arch. Why is that?

JJones

There is a recurring issue with the claim that older people are resistant to change

I try not to paint with such broad strokes myself but I get where you're coming from. It's certainly been my experience that the majority of the brethren that are opposed to changes tend to fall into the "older" category but I definately wouldn't want to suggest that -all- of them are resistant to change

On a somewhat similar note, SGC of England indicates greater retention of a member is also in Royal Arch. Why is that?

That's a good question. I've always wondered about the differences in US C&C degrees vs those in England.

Excellent Bro Jones-you are truly the future of the lodge...

Thanks but you give me too much credit. I'm just a brother with a keyboard and a cell phone!

hfmm97

Premium Member
To clarify - by being a younger Freemason who is willing to go the extra mile for the craft and can make the commitments that most Masons may not have the resources to bring to bear on the issues...you (in both singular and plural) still are the future

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry