My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Golden Mystery

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Now about the book! You know—the Dan Brown book entitled The Lost Symbol. There is great interest in this book, first of all, because it follows Brown’s book The Da Vinci Code. Also of interest to us is that it contains much about Scottish Rite Masonry and the House of the Temple. This is for the most part a book of fiction. One of the main characters in the book, Peter Solomon, states to Professor Langdon that a certain mysterious knowledge “could imbue its possessor with the ability to bring order from chaos. The idea of order from chaos was one of the great Masonic axioms.†(p. 104)

Various characters in the book then go on to say; “If this information were published and made known, a fundamental shift would begin in the consciousness of man. They will start to find their way.†(p. 208) “If we as humans can honestly grasp this one simple truth … the world will change overnight.†(p. 504) “There is a great spiritual treasure buried out there somewhere … a treasure that has waited patiently in darkness for generations. I believe it is a catalyst that has the power to transform this world.†(p. 314)

Brethren, I have knowledge of that catalyst. You possess this mystery also. This most powerful “golden†mystery has been shared with us for thousands of years by the wisest of men. Just like in the book, the powers of darkness will do all they can to prevent this great mystery from changing this world into the Garden of Eden. This knowledge I now share with you.

“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.â€
Judaism and Christianity: Bible,
Leviticus 19:18.

“Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.â€
Christianity, Bible, Matthew 7:12.

“Not one of you is a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.â€
Islam. Forty Hadith of an-Nawawi 13.

“A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated.â€
Jainism. Sutrakritanga 1.11.33

“Try your best to treat others as you wish to be treated yourself, and you will find that this is the shortest way to benevolence.â€
Confucianism. Mencius VII.A.4.

“One should not behave towards others in a way which is disagreeable to oneself. This is the essence of morality. All other activities are due to selfish desire.â€
Hinduism. Mahabharata, Anusasana
Parva 113.8.

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?†Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.â€
Christianity, Bible, Matthew 22:36–40.

There’s a reason we call this the “golden ruleâ€, not a golden rule. This greatest of knowledge has been with us for millennia.

http://www.scottishrite.org/ee.php?/journal/articles/good_work_2009_vesper_service_message/

jwhoff

Premium Member
"Let a man not do what his own sense of righteousness tells him not to do, and let him not desire what his sense of righteousness tells him not to desire --- to act thus is al he has to do."
The Works of Mencius.

Camerata

Very inspiration and motivational as well. As I begin my journey to becoming a Free Mason , this type of spirituality is the reason I have became so interested. Thank you for your post.

jwhoff

Premium Member
I'd say we cover it fairly well in the FC degree though some try to forget the "unto all mankind" and would rather emphasis the "especially unto" part. Remember brethren, we're sworn to the triad relationship between the GAOTU, ourselves, and our fellow man.

Too many folks just didn't get the message.

By the by, that is one hell of a book. I nearly finished reading it Sunday afternoon and evening.