My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The H.O. Studley Tool Chest

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
14199179_10154703671064505_5254662714655096468_n.jpg

Brother Henry O. Studley (1838-1925) built this magnificent wall-hung chest while employed by the Poole Piano Company of Quincy, Massachusetts. In an oak clamshell box adorned with rosewood, ebony, pearl and ivory, Studley kept both tools he made and a collection of the finest hand tools made prior to 1900, including a complete set of woodworking tools as well as machinist and stonemasonry tools. To pack the 300-plus tools into a case only 19 1/2 inches wide, 39 inches long and 9 1/2 inches deep, Studley devised a jigsaw puzzle arrangement of flip-up trays, fold-out layers and hidden compartments.

Source: Woodworking Magazine

Bloke

Premium Member
View attachment 5212

Brother Henry O. Studley (1838-1925) built this magnificent wall-hung chest while employed by the Poole Piano Company of Quincy, Massachusetts. In an oak clamshell box adorned with rosewood, ebony, pearl and ivory, Studley kept both tools he made and a collection of the finest hand tools made prior to 1900, including a complete set of woodworking tools as well as machinist and stonemasonry tools. To pack the 300-plus tools into a case only 19 1/2 inches wide, 39 inches long and 9 1/2 inches deep, Studley devised a jigsaw puzzle arrangement of flip-up trays, fold-out layers and hidden compartments.

Source: Woodworking Magazine

I knew exactly what this thread was about but had to come in hoping there would be a picture of it to refresh my memory...... it's awesome and I've always loved that piece of kit

Bloke

Premium Member
Watched the video.... it is an amazing piece of art.... which I completely understand; I have something similar (in concept) for my chisels; so they are kept together as a set. It will be the same for him, to make sure his set of tools never got split up or in the back of a shed...