My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Knife & Fork Degree

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
knife_fork01.jpg

Floorwork:
This degree should be given in the dining room after the Chaplain has given the blessing.

Lecture:
My Brother the working tools of the Knife and Fork degree are explained as follows:

The Knife is an instrument made use of by operative Masons for the purpose of keeping the wild animals at bay, in the event of an attack. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so, we are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of slicing our Steaks, and Vegetables prior to ingesting them.

The Fork is an instrument made use of by the operative Mason for the purpose of gathering the brush and plants when clearing a building site. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so we are taught to use it for the more noble and glorious purpose of skewering the Steak, or Vegetable, prior to slicing, and then again, for the purpose of lifting said morsel from the plate to our mouths, for ingestion.

Signs:
Mouth open ready for food

Words:
I could tell you, but then I'd have to feed you.

Charge:

The Knife and Fork Degree

I do not attend the meetings
I have not the time to spare
But every time they have a feast
You will surely see me there
I cannot help with the degrees
For I do not know the work
But I can applaud the speakers
And handle a knife and fork
I am so rusty with the ritual
That it seems like Greek to me
But practice has made me perfect
In the knife and fork degree.

Tpower31

Premium Member
knife_fork01.jpg

Floorwork:
This degree should be given in the dining room after the Chaplain has given the blessing.

Lecture:
My Brother the working tools of the Knife and Fork degree are explained as follows:

The Knife is an instrument made use of by operative Masons for the purpose of keeping the wild animals at bay, in the event of an attack. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so, we are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of slicing our Steaks, and Vegetables prior to ingesting them.

The Fork is an instrument made use of by the operative Mason for the purpose of gathering the brush and plants when clearing a building site. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so we are taught to use it for the more noble and glorious purpose of skewering the Steak, or Vegetable, prior to slicing, and then again, for the purpose of lifting said morsel from the plate to our mouths, for ingestion.

Signs:

Words:

Charge:

But practice has made me perfect
In the knife and fork degree.

Will be attending one of these on Saturday morning can't wait to see how it is done

Sent from my VOG-L04 using My Freemasonry mobile app

acjohnson53

knife_fork01.jpg

Floorwork:

Lecture:

Signs:

Words:

Charge: