My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Royal Order of Jesters

kastonw

Premium Member
I just recently found out about the Order of Jesters but I can't find any info about them and when I ask other Brothers I've had a few tell me there not apart of the masons and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the subject if they could .

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
They require Shrine membership as a prerequisite and, consequently, Masonic membership as well in all but Arkansas. They are no longer advertised as part of Shrine Imperial sessions, subseqent to their illegal acts, including patronizing prostitutes, in some areas. I demitted from the organization though I had never witnessed such behavior. When I was DGM, I spoke to the local Impressario, and explained what would happen if any such rumours occurred in my mother jurisdiction. He was a prominent member of the community, and assured me his status would suffer as well if such things occurred. In my jurisdiction, I can only think of one Grand Lodge officer who is still a member, though of course I may be unaware of others.

kastonw

Premium Member
I know the few things I was able to find mostly only mentioned the trouble they had gotten into and hardly anything else and I had forgotten about it until a few days ago when someone on posted on Facebook asking is anyone was a Jester and collected coins and then I remembered the lil I had found about them

chrmc

As Glen says I think they are still around various places, but not as prominent any more. And after all the problems and issues they had, a number of masons are taking their distance from them. I certainly know I wouldn't want to be a member if my wife Googled them and read some of the things out there.