My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiler Joke

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The lodge in a small town in Kansas burns to the ground (very sad I know). The only hotel in town allows the lodge to use their banquet hall to hold their stated communications while the lodge is being rebuilt. Some time had passed when a bellman was taking some guests & their luggage to their room. The wife asks the bellmen "Who's that man standing before the closed door of the banquet hall in a white apron and with a drawn sword in his hand." The bellman proceeds to explain to the couple about the fire and that the hotel had put up the Masonic lodge for their meetings. She asks him "Have you ever thought about joining the Masons?" To which the bellman replies "Oh no, they are much too exclusive for me! You see that man with the drawn sword in his hand. He's been knocking on that door for six months and they will not even let him in the door!"