My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips or advise

dfreybur

Premium Member
I think part of my issues is that my brain tends to analyze the meaning of what I am reading/saying while I am doing it. Since the way it's worded here in Wisconsin (I'd bet its close to the same everywhere but even my mentor said some of the words are different) has come odd grammatical placement my brain goes nuts.

I do truly understand what I'm reading but my brain says "nope that would should not got there" and exits stage left.

Strategy and tactics. In the long run you want to understand all of it. In the short run you need to have the proficiency memorized. Pour it in; pour it back out as a voice exercise.

This is something almost all of us have experienced. The way out is through. Blast through that obstacle using the methods your mentor teaches.

ThanatosTA

Premium Member
I do truly understand what I'm reading but my brain says "nope that would should not got there" and exits stage left.

All of us have been there Brother!

Everything said so far is good advice, but the thing that really helped me out was when I stopped thinking the work in my head and started saying it out loud. Your brain processes the information diffenently when you speak out loud as opposed to saying it in your head.

Just remember to relax and don't stress yourself out. Even though it may seem like your aren't remembering it, it is in there and will come out when you need it to.

BroBook

Premium Member
It is well to remember/know that there is a huge gap between learning the words and learning the work. Especially for the new initiate.

Sent From My Freemasonry Mobile App

Yes reading is more than reciting words !!!

Sent From My Freemasonry Mobile App